Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    So add between 26-35 for society to that, and with 117 -every shot- you have a worse bolt AS than a level 50 Wizard. And I don't think rank 4 and 5 surge/burst are that commonly trained for monks from what I've seen but I could be wrong there. Flimbo, I know you know a lot about monks and want to support ANY kind of dev being done that affects them but it just confuses me that you're caping for a bolt spell for a square. I don't get it. Do you though.

I really think making 1206 use the higher of Spell Aim or Thrown Weapons is a killer idea. It would make it usable for monks who have put the points in to pick up a second weapon style, but it would never be practical/beneficial to be a pure 1206 monk, so it would remain a flavor/kill shot spell after the mstrike.
    They literally treat it the sane as MnS and MnE. That's the end of it. I don't know why you guys are going round and round trying to figure out some potential use for it for monks. There is literally none, as designed. It is 100% for savants and scrolls, and they are just 'spergy enough to treat a minor circle 1 class (realistically, forever) can learn the same as the 2 minor lists that like, 8 classes can learn.

failing to acknowledge that...
    - monks are still basically semis, profession list or not, so some batshit idea that a "square" that is expected to train AT LEAST .3x spells is somehow the same as warriors (basically post cap only) and rogues (MAYBE mutant up to 410, or commonly only up to 404, precap) is disconnected from reality

- even spells some classes can't use from a shared circle have half a dozen that can. EVEN IF savants existed next week why would you not design the spell in such a way that oh i dunno, THE ONE OTHER CLASS that learns it can use it somehow

- the entire premise (that it's ok you'd be realistically expected to train for a SPELL YOU COULD NEVER USE EVER) is fucking flawed, so basing current design decisions on the precedent of awful design decisions from 30 years ago is stupid
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-12-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I don't disagree at all. Thrown weapons would be perfect and I'd have loved to see it implemented that way. Monks are squares in name and the fact that they get a lot of cheaply trained combat maneuver bonuses and all that, but realistically, they just don't hunt or train like squares. They're not semis either. They're really their own thing. You have to train 40 ranks of spells at least to be successful on your own. No other square does that. But at the same time, you don't really need to use any offensive spells to be successful either.

They aren't semis like paladins where you're using your 1219 like 1615, but at the same time if you do choose to use your 1219, it probably lands easier than a Paladin's 1615 does by virtue of no critter having mental TD and the fact that you have 110 logic, and it performs just about the same duty as 1630 does, except replace "kneeling" with, "in 60 seconds of RT and prone"

Monks are a weird, weird profession that I really don't think should be called either a square or a semi. They train weird. They hunt weird, and they're far more versatile than people give them credit for.

Is 1206 as implemented the best thing ever for monks? No, 'course not. Is it better than having nothing in that slot? Absolutely. Can I find a use for it that makes me fry faster? Yep.

I got no problems with it. It'd be better other ways. It'd be cooler other ways. But as is, I'm happy.
    Sounds like GS Stockholm Syndrome to me.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I will complain about a lot of things, but non-simucoin development is never ever going to be one of them ever again. More and more dev time over the years has gone into microtransactions.

I don't even care so much that it's a Monk spell that was implemented. If they implemented an RP flavor spell for wizards where all it did was let you emote that you cup your hand ever so gently beneath your butthole and take a big creamy shit into it, I would call it a better use of time than Rings of Lumnis or the fucking dollhouse.

live footage of Estilid watching the release of 1206

Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

I will complain about a lot of things, but non-simucoin development is never ever going to be one of them ever again. More and more dev time over the years has gone into microtransactions.

I don't even care so much that it's a Monk spell that was implemented. If they implemented an RP flavor spell for wizards where all it did was let you emote that you cup your hand ever so gently beneath your butthole and take a big creamy shit into it, I would call it a better use of time than Rings of Lumnis or the fucking dollhouse.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather them spend dev time on things that are actually useful, especially if it involves filling a previously empty spell slot. Now you're stuck with that weak shit instead of something good.
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Bad dev is bad dev regardless of where it goes.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

7. Default

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather them spend dev time on things that are actually useful, especially if it involves filling a previously empty spell slot. Now you're stuck with that weak shit instead of something good.
    I've already gone into detail on why I find it useful for my purposes, so I won't do so again, but you're entitled to your opinion on it. Someday when you play a monk, it might even matter.

in reality this WAS working on microtransactions / paywall stuff btw flimbo Where do you think the first high charge scrolls (which shockingly will work with esitlid's new sigil staff items HMMMM), sk, etc. will come from?

Your spell list was co-opted as a bonus arcane list spell to be sold for simucoins.

I've already gone into detail on why I find it useful for my purposes, so I won't do so again, but you're entitled to your opinion on it. Someday when you play a monk, it might even matter.
    Maybe if monks weren't so terrible they'd be worth playing.

If I ever do play a monk, I still won't be excited about having to wait until cap to sink 500/2000 TPs into a skill just use a level 6 spell in certain situations with a mediocre at best AS and do everything I can to convince myself it isn't garbage dev. And being a wizard, I'm pretty familiar with garbage dev.

I mean if that's your thing then sure, but that doesn't make it any less garbage.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-12-2018 at 12:05 PM.