Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 147

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I don't have high hopes for monks to actually use this spell, because the Minor Mental is NOT exclusive to monks, even though most spells sure seem to be coded for monks.
    Estild confirmed Savants are not coming anytime soon and also this spell isn't designed for monks. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around why they even bothered wasting resources implementing this spell then.

  2. #22

    Default

    It could be an amazing spell for monks if simu made it spell aiming or thrown weapon skill.

  3. #23

    Default

    Discord chat with people defending a design decision where the only class that can learn a spell can't use it is the best. Simu Stockholm syndrome is so great.

    ItS NoT a MoNK SpeL GaIs. ItS JuST OnLY MonKs CaN LrN It. NOt tHE SAmE
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Discord chat with people defending a design decision where the only class that can learn a spell can't use it is the best. Simu Stockholm syndrome is so great.

    ItS NoT a MoNK SpeL GaIs. ItS JuST OnLY MonKs CaN LrN It. NOt tHE SAmE
    Hey you better start falling in line and fast!

  5. #25

    Default

    Put on your tinfoil hats! We going on an adventure!

    Simutronics is actively working on the Savant class but because they care about balance they are doing changes to spells and classes and lore before implementing them. Sorcerers were brought up to speed with how powerful Savants are going to be, Wizards now tie into it because a Savant can perform a mind meld and give you boosts to lores.

    I know, sounds crazy. That's why it will never happen.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,441
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Put on your tinfoil hats! We going on an adventure!

    Simutronics is actively working on the Savant class but because they care about balance they are doing changes to spells and classes and lore before implementing them. Sorcerers were brought up to speed with how powerful Savants are going to be, Wizards now tie into it because a Savant can perform a mind meld and give you boosts to lores.

    I know, sounds crazy. That's why it will never happen.
    Occam's Razor indicates the explanation with the fewest assumptions is usually the correct one. Right now you're assuming that a) they're working on savants, b) they have an actual idea of how classes should be balanced, and c) they'd buff wizards.

    I think it's more likely that this is a lead up to another wizard nerf.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  7. #27

    Default

    real answer: it's low hanging fruit that's mostly a cut and paste of every other bolt spell in the game, but it's kinda neat conceptually. Further, Developers (of all sources, not just gemstone) are generally 'spergs and the concept that "hey maybe people will be frustrated that this spell that is unavailable or useless to 99% of will not be met with much fanfare" isn't something they can empathize with.
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-10-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I think it's more likely that this is a lead up to another wizard nerf.
    Pretty brilliant strategy on Simu's part.

    Simu: Here's a new Monk spell, guys!
    Players: But that spell sucks.
    Simu: We've heard your feedback and we understand. Clearly in comparison to wizard spells this spell sucks. Therefore we are nerfing wizard spells.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Occam's Razor indicates the explanation with the fewest assumptions is usually the correct one. Right now you're assuming that a) they're working on savants, b) they have an actual idea of how classes should be balanced, and c) they'd buff wizards.

    I think it's more likely that this is a lead up to another wizard nerf.
    I know, that's why I had on my tinfoil hat.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,441
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I know, that's why I had on my tinfoil hat.
    My b, I should have said "your explanation is assuming..." rather than "you're assuming...". I know you already know how Simu operates.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-10-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •