Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Default Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Quote Originally Posted by LOL "MONK" DEVELOPMENT
    The Minor Mental spell Telekinesis (1206) has been released. When cast, it will hurl a specified or random object at a target to inflict damage. If no object is specified, it will attempt to find a random object on the ground to throw at the target. If outside and no valid objects can be found, random environment objects can be used (rocks, sticks, etc.) If an object is specified (via cast <object>), it will throw that object at your current TARGET or select a random creature in the room. If the object is in your hand, it will be returned after the cast. As a bolt attack, it will use your Spell Aiming skill.

Telekinesis can be optionally fueled with extra mana for more powerful attacks. You may MEDITATE TELEKINESIS [6-10] to set if you want to use 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 mana when cast. If not set, it will default to 6.

GameMaster Estild
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...et_newest=true

The spell has a rather nice DF and AVD

Casting it at items doesn't change anything, only flavor.

Enjoy casting from scrolls i guess? Super happy for y'all.

Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Bolt AS hunting Monks!

Self casting gives you a thrown weapon bonus.

PFFFT LOL.

So they kept the Spell Aiming thing in there, despite having no intention of coding Savants in the foreseeable future. There isn't a big enough MEH for this. What Monk will ever use this spell to hunt? What even is the point of implementing this spell in its current form? This is like giving Wizards a spell that relies on their MOC ranks for bolt AS.

Blog Entries

When is Savants coming out? @Wyrom
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    So they kept the Spell Aiming thing in there, despite having no intention of coding Savants in the foreseeable future. There isn't a big enough MEH for this. What Monk will ever use this spell to hunt? What even is the point of implementing this spell in its current form? This is like giving Wizards a spell that relies on their MOC ranks for bolt AS.
    Seems a whole new level of WTF? Even for Simu.

"Let's code a spell that has a training requirement that the profession who has access to the spell list will never train in!"

...what thought process does it take to create an impression where that seems like a good idea?

"No guys, don't you see, pures can hunt with it from SCROLLS! Totally worth it instead of just, you know, incanting a native spell!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krakii
    I'm sure this means that Savants--a Pure who could actually, I don't know... train in Aimed Spells...--are right around the corner, right?

Since--as a bolt spell--it's fundamentally useless to Monks under double-cap experience (and that assumes that they sink 7.5M experience into NOTHING BUT ranks of Aimed Spells)...
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    No, this isn't a prelude to Savants, nor the spell designed for Monks. But if Savants do get implemented, it will be a useful bolt spell for them. In the meantime and just as with most spells, more than just the native caster (Monks) can access the spell (scrolls, magical items, spell knowledge, etc).

GameMaster Estild
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ircle/view/320

Simu troll game is on point in 2018.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-10-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Like outside of once or twice for novelty to truck a rolton with a smooth stone, who is going to fucking cast this spell from a scroll? They are kidding themselves. Spell Store was more legit than this spell. Jesus Christ.

Completely OP, nerf incoming.

You take a deep breath and focus inward, raising a hand and quietly murmuring the words of the Telekinesis spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >
    You gesture at a thick frosted glass mug.
    You levitate a thick frosted glass mug at a rolton!
    AS: +41 vs DS: -5 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +28 = +126
    ... and hit for 31 points of damage!
    Weapon arm mangled horribly.
    The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.

After a few moments, you summon the frosted glass mug back to your hand.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.