Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Sounds like GS Stockholm Syndrome to me.
    I will complain about a lot of things, but non-simucoin development is never ever going to be one of them ever again. More and more dev time over the years has gone into microtransactions.

I don't even care so much that it's a Monk spell that was implemented. If they implemented an RP flavor spell for wizards where all it did was let you emote that you cup your hand ever so gently beneath your butthole and take a big creamy shit into it, I would call it a better use of time than Rings of Lumnis or the fucking dollhouse.

Sounds like GS Stockholm Syndrome to me.
    live footage of Estilid watching the release of 1206

Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I will complain about a lot of things, but non-simucoin development is never ever going to be one of them ever again. More and more dev time over the years has gone into microtransactions.

I don't even care so much that it's a Monk spell that was implemented. If they implemented an RP flavor spell for wizards where all it did was let you emote that you cup your hand ever so gently beneath your butthole and take a big creamy shit into it, I would call it a better use of time than Rings of Lumnis or the fucking dollhouse.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather them spend dev time on things that are actually useful, especially if it involves filling a previously empty spell slot. Now you're stuck with that weak shit instead of something good.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Bad dev is bad dev regardless of where it goes.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather them spend dev time on things that are actually useful, especially if it involves filling a previously empty spell slot. Now you're stuck with that weak shit instead of something good.
    I've already gone into detail on why I find it useful for my purposes, so I won't do so again, but you're entitled to your opinion on it. Someday when you play a monk, it might even matter.

in reality this WAS working on microtransactions / paywall stuff btw flimbo Where do you think the first high charge scrolls (which shockingly will work with esitlid's new sigil staff items HMMMM), sk, etc. will come from?

Your spell list was co-opted as a bonus arcane list spell to be sold for simucoins.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I've already gone into detail on why I find it useful for my purposes, so I won't do so again, but you're entitled to your opinion on it. Someday when you play a monk, it might even matter.
    Maybe if monks weren't so terrible they'd be worth playing.

If I ever do play a monk, I still won't be excited about having to wait until cap to sink 500/2000 TPs into a skill just use a level 6 spell in certain situations with a mediocre at best AS and do everything I can to convince myself it isn't garbage dev. And being a wizard, I'm pretty familiar with garbage dev.

I mean if that's your thing then sure, but that doesn't make it any less garbage.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-12-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yeah i have no fucking clue what you're on about flimbo with thinking you have uses for it. I can only assume you've had a stroke since selling out.

if you were a +15 dex race with full dex enhancives in COL you end up with what, 295ish AS at cap

like...lol. My last capped wizard hunt bolt defenses ranged from 216 to 503

every single one of those was already prone, the low ones were probably killing blows for things already 90% dead and missing limbs. And that's the sanctum, shit swarms you to death so the individuals are weak. If you think "bolting like a level 40 wizard with half the mana pool" is good post cap, i guess more power to you.
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    every single one of those was already prone, the low ones were probably killing blows for things already 90% dead and missing limbs.
    Thus describing the exact scenario in which I find the spell useful, as you'll see from my previous posts. Finishing off critters with 3 seconds of soft RT instead of 5-10 seconds of hard RT. I'd be surprised if it saved me more than 30 seconds per hunt, but when my biggest problem is that I'm taking extra time to kill the 30-35% of the things that don't die instantly, that 30 seconds is useful to me. Sanctum is one place it might be useful, OTF another. I'm not sure about Nelemar as I've never hunted there, but it's a spell with at least one marginal use to me, which is an infinity percent increase in usefulness from what it was before.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-12-2018 at 12:40 PM.