Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    My b, I should have said "your explanation is assuming..." rather than "you're assuming...". I know you already know how Simu operates.
    S'aight.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Put on your tinfoil hats! We going on an adventure!

Simutronics is actively working on the Savant class but because they care about balance they are doing changes to spells and classes and lore before implementing them. Sorcerers were brought up to speed with how powerful Savants are going to be, Wizards now tie into it because a Savant can perform a mind meld and give you boosts to lores.

I know, sounds crazy. That's why it will never happen.
    Yep. Estild is really trolling us saying Savants will never happen, and somehow the Savant release is tied into this 3-city storyline that is currently ongoing because Wehnimers Landing already has this massively powerful half-Ithzir child mentalist that lives up on Melgorehns Reach and....

...nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Yep. Estild is really trolling us saying Savants will never happen, and somehow the Savant release is tied into this 3-city storyline that is currently ongoing because Wehnimers Landing already has this massively powerful half-Ithzir child mentalist that lives up on Melgorehns Reach and....

...nope.
    I mean, hey cool if suddenly they drop Savants, I'll definitely sign back up. I mean, it's gotta be worth all the wait like monks, amirite?

Make an empath. Get 1206 SK item. Train brawling. Use a brawling weapon in your main hand for parry bonus. 1206 brawling weapon! You can now hurl better than most people who train in thrown weapons! Of course it will cost just as much as a bandolier or returning hurling weapon to buy a 1206 SK item.

Will be interesting to see how it interacts with 240.
    Last edited by Maerit; 09-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.

I think the suggestion someone made of having it use spell aim or thrown is a pretty good one, but it will never be implemented because IT"S OK DUDES ITS ON SCROLLS AND SAVANTS ONE DAY IT"S NOT EVEN A MONK SPELL AMIRITE?

Even if they did something like also require some spellaim. i.e. if thrown skill > spell aim make it a real hurled attack, but AS from thrown skill as a percent of spell aim skill bonus. so you'd need >= 24 spell aim ranks to get 100% of your thrown skill AS when using it.

That's still a huge investment for monks but least lets someone use it rather than this completely disconnected from reality developing the spell in a vacuum which itself is inside fantasyland where savants will actually exist some day.
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-10-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

6. Default

This... might just be the most mind boggling thing I've ever seen the GMs do. Announcing a bolt spell for a profession that doesn't (and probably will never) exist and slapping it on monks, a profession that can't even use it. If I was still playing, I post in the topic and ask why. Why? Why even put forth the effort at all? What is the point? What are you trying to do?

Worse yet, Telekinesis is just a bolt spell. Telekinesis is one of the most widely used and versatile abilities in all of fiction. Star Wars, AD&D, Pokemon, Elder Scrolls all have some form of Telekinesis. My Little Pony has it for fucks sake! There are NUMEROUS uses for this spell if you stop to think about it. Here is a few off the top my head:

- Cast it on an item on the ground to stow it in a container when your hands are full. Spell will work if the container is closed and will close the container again after stowing it.
    - Self-cast to allow you to mentally "push" melee and bolt attacks away from you, increasing your DS.
    - Pick up and hold a single item in the air for set period of time. Hovers around like a disk. It could have a weight limit like Phase does and you could grab it whenever you needed it. Useful for cursed crap.
    - Mentally drag stuff. Gnome needs to drag a giantman? No problem!
    - Self-cast to prevent being disarmed. If you are disarmed while the spell is active, you mentally grab and return the item to your hand. The spell will only do this a few times before expiring.
    - Telekinetic Disarm a foe. GIVE ME BACK MY WEAPON YOU JACKASS!
    - Alternatively, instead of bringing it to your hand, you make an attack against that creature with it's own weapon before dropping the weapon on the ground.

There, that wasn't that hard. The LEAST they could do for monks is to give it some alternative function. Or, why not give 1206 the same treatment as the old 605, Tracking? Swap it with one of the spells from Major Mental or Savant Base so monks can at least use the new spell. This spell is as useful now as it was before they implemented it.

I'd loved to see Savants, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

My guess is that Estild coded this spell primarily so it could be released as an X/day item at the next Duskruin.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    My guess is that Estild coded this spell primarily so it could be released as an X/day item at the next Duskruin.
    Or, for the sigil staves that are coming out (at EG?)...
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

9. Default

Sigil staves?

10. Default

Ok, new plan. We somehow get simu to implement all the spells in the Major Mental and Savant Base circles as scrolls, wands, and imbeds as festival content. Everyone will rush to buy the new spells and simu will make lots of money. Simu will eventually release Savants because they already made most of it when selling stuff at the festivals. They can throw a big celebration, players get Savants and everyone will be happy.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code