Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Op-Ed by "Senior Official in the Trump Administration"

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    You're asking a philosophical question that won't ever be answered but has value in it's contemplation. Those politicians put the needs of the country first. Maybe it made them feel smug or maybe they just like being outliers but they did it and that's worth something. We need more politicians like that.
    If I told you I was going to bake the best cake in the world for you and I came back with a shit sandwich, would you eat it and tell me how wonderful of a job I did?
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    If I told you I was going to bake the best cake in the world for you and I came back with a shit sandwich, would you eat it and tell me how wonderful of a job I did?
    What are you bitching about?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Look at the neo nazi talking about morals and dignity..
    Well shit you got me there

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Or it could be a hoax perpetrated on the gullible NYT by a college student. According to one theory

https://conservativedailypost.com/wa...un-hoax-op-ed/

So much for that highly rated NYT credibility and respect.
    I don't think the NYT has been duped or that the whole letter was made up. As I said before if the letter isn't real, the reputation of the NYT would go down the toilet forever. I doubt many liberals would rush to defend the NYT in such an event. I do have some moderate skepticism as to how senior the author is, but I could be wrong.

The issue IMHO is not whether the letter is real, but whether the letter paints an accurate picture.

5. Default

I'd wager they did their due diligence to determine the authenticity of the author. To think otherwise is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I'd wager they did their due diligence to determine the authenticity of the author. To think otherwise is foolish.
    Ya, why not. One fake op-ed doesnt pay the bills. Why the hell would they risk the whole paper for it. But...conspiracy theorists need theories.

What are you bitching about?
    What? It's not like I made the sandwich on purpose. I'm just that horrible of a cook! But I did try really hard!
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Blog Entries

Ya, why not. One fake op-ed doesnt pay the bills. Why the hell would they risk the whole paper for it. But...conspiracy theorists need theories.
    To be honest there's not much left to lose in the newspaper business these days.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    To be honest there's not much left to lose in the newspaper business these days.

How much is dignity worth, $500 million?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    How much is dignity worth, $500 million?
    Reported for double posting.