Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick 'Em

Default NFL Pick 'Em

Is that happening this year?

Didn't that used to be a thing?

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

i am picking that NFL viewership will be down at least 17%. The NFL was sort of getting beyond kneeling issue and nike went and kicked them right in the balls. SO FUNNY!

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    i am picking that NFL viewership will be down at least 17%. The NFL was sort of getting beyond kneeling issue and nike went and kicked them right in the balls. SO FUNNY!
    The Carolina Panthers sold for a record 2.275b this past summer.

The Cowboys are valued at close to 5b, nearly 2.5 the value that forbes had it at in 2013.

The NFL split up 8.1b to the 32 NFL franchises, which was up from 7.8b in 2016.

Yeah, the NFL is hurting...

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    The Carolina Panthers sold for a record 2.275b this past summer.

The Cowboys are valued at close to 5b, nearly 2.5 the value that forbes had it at in 2013.

The NFL split up 8.1b to the 32 NFL franchises, which was up from 7.8b in 2016.

Yeah, the NFL is hurting...
    Clearly you don't know how this works.

Viewership declined in 2017. As it looks now, viewership will decline even further in 2018.

Current viewership has nothing to do with money.. since the NFL was smart enough to sign multi-year deals with networks.

If viewership continues it's spiral downward, they won't be able to get as much money from advertisers or networks in the future.

Yes, they NFL is hurting.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-05-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Clearly you don't know how this works.

Viewership declined in 2017. As it looks now, viewership will decline even further in 2018.

Current viewership has nothing to do with money.. since the NFL was smart enough to sign multi-year deals with networks.

If viewership continues it's spiral downward, they won't be able to get as much money from advertisers or networks in the future.

Yes, they NFL is hurting.
    Say what you want, even if viewership/ratings are dropping, their revenue keeps rising.

In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.

You can claim the NFL has a real problem when they are not the top sport in the US.

Also, if it's so bad, why would Fox pay 3.3b for Thursday night games even AFTER ratings have dropped?

This isn't a big deal, just like Nike's (along with Adidas, Puma, and Under Armour) stock dropping a few points the other day. In the grand scheme these businesses will be fine.
    Last edited by SHAFT; 09-05-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Professional sports franchises are still a good investment because the owners have figured out how to get the local governments to pay for sweetheart deals on stadiums that they then sell leases to executive boxes in. The growing trend in new professional stadiums and maybe in college too, to a lesser extent, is not huge stadium but more luxury ones with higher per ticket seats. The NFL and MLB can make money with no one in the seats because of television deals, but that formula only holds true as long as people continue to watch from home and advertisers are willing to pay the sums they demand.

I saw something the other day that was maybe the clearest indicator how much viewership has declined and what they are doing to try to get it back. Direct TV used to charge $300/season for Sunday ticket, they now give it away for free. Think about that a moment, how many people used to gladly pay that every year, I know of at least half a dozen friends and family that did, and now, only one, a single person out of six does. I realize that is a very small sample, but it still a sample. When I asked my other brother that stopped buying it, he said he will still watch the Saints some, since that is our home team, but he does not spend Sunday in front of the television anymore like he used to.

And I think Nike is still going to make money, they are a global company after all, the NFL will be hurt by it more than Nike.
    Last edited by kutter; 09-05-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey can y'all shut the fuck up for one thread?

Who's keeping track of the picks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Say what you want, even if viewership/ratings are dropping, their revenue keeps rising.

In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.
    I explained why it does matter.. you are simply unable to understand it.

I can't dumb it down anymore than how I already did.

Ask an adult to help you I guess.

You can claim the NFL has a real problem when they are not the top sport in the US.
    The gap is closing. And this is from someone who loves the NFL.

Also, if it's so bad, why would Fox pay 3.3b for Thursday night games even AFTER ratings have dropped?
    Because Fox believed it to be a very short term issue and the NFL stated they would address it. They did, then they waffled under the pressure as usual.

If viewership continues to dwindle, you can be sure Fox will re-negotiate. Hell, I would be surprised if Fox didn't put a viewership decline clause into the agreement.

This isn't a big deal, just like Nike's (along with Adidas, Puma, and Under Armour) stock dropping a few points the other day. In the grand scheme these businesses will be fine.
    1 year.. I agree.

2 year.. not so sure.

3 year... it is a big deal.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Hey guys! I'll volunteer to keep track of the picks this year!
    Excellent.

Get to steppin.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME