Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear: Trump in the White House

I'm sure it makes for a compelling read.

Some great points here. The Left is deathly afraid of an actual limit on the power of government.

Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 09-04-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    A journalist that got awards from other journalists in the past and who has ridden an early career hit on name recognition. Popular doesn't equal good or accurate. The National Enquirer is not good, it is very popular. These are not arguments and without sources that corroborate the commentary publicly, of which there are few, most of the major players have already publicly denied the attributed comments, you can't take the opinion of an author seriously. Arguing to the popular is not an argument.

Viewing a bunch of books written by people with a substantial political bias and who all run in the same circles with a financial interest in supporting and protecting each other does not mean they are accurate or credible. Again, arguing to the majority is not an argument.

You are neither qualified nor competent to judge sanity in anyone. Unless of course you have yet another degree and license from somewhere lofty that sounds good on a fake resume.
    ROFLMAO

Yeah I prefer those professional excellence awards that are given out by people who aren't in the profession. I mean, when the Fire Department gives you that "Most innovative nuclear physicist ever!" award- you know that means something. What a genuinely ridiculous argument.

You ability to imagine "substantial political bias" is hilarious. If there's something that Woodward has *never* been accused of- it's this. Contrary to your perverted beliefs- criticizing Trump doesn't make you politically biased. But deciding that anyone who DOES criticize him is biased IS an example of political bias.

And no one's taking any form of sanity advice from someone who routinely goes off on the attack of Marxists and the rapists, slavers, and murderers of the left!

I hate to break it to you, but the reason why these books resonate is that they're actually remarkably consistent with what we've seen from Trump ourselves. And though you love to talk about "fake news" (while quoting articles from actual fake news sites, no less) and these horrible journalists who just make things up...they've actually been right about Trump. It's Trump who objectively has a record of making things up.

The journalists from NYT, WaPo, CNN, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc. have been right this whole time. The vast majority of the major stories that broke about Trump have ended up being confirmed. (ESPECIALLY in cases where Trump has come out claiming they were fake news stories, if you haven't noticed).

Your inability to deal with reality may bring you comfort when it allows you to believe you're making successful rhetorical points, but it doesn't change the fact that all of those horrible "biased" journalists have been relaying accurate information to you about your government. You can resent them all you want, but that just makes you a fool who has fallen in love with an authoritarian and corrupt Executive.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Some great points here. The Left is deathly afraid of an actual limit on the power of government.

He says- 24 hours after Trump went on record saying the Justice Department should be giving breaks to Republican Congresspeople before an election for the benefit of the party. The same guy who has repeatedly instructed the DoJ to go after his political rivals. The same one who has twice tried to fire a special prosecutor tasked with investigating Russian interference in this election AND the firing of the FBI Director for refusing to halt said investigation on Trump's request.

Do NOT lecture anyone here about "fearing limit of the power of government". That is the single most disingenuous thing you've ever said. And THAT"S saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    ROFLMAO

He says- 24 hours after Trump went on record saying the Justice Department should be giving breaks to Republican Congresspeople before an election for the benefit of the party. The same guy who has repeatedly instructed the DoJ to go after his political rivals. The same one who has twice tried to fire a special prosecutor tasked with investigating Russian interference in this election AND the firing of the FBI Director for refusing to halt said investigation on Trump's request.

Do NOT lecture anyone here about "fearing limit of the power of government". That is the single most disingenuous thing you've ever said. And THAT"S saying something.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA no. Any more things you want to make up in your fevered little brain?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

8. Default

In a couple years there will be a mini-series on one of the major networks about the Trump white house (I would guess CBS).

In this age of "fake news", "exaggerated hyperbole", "alternative facts" and "the truth isn't truth" one idea holds firm as a bulwark against increasingly fluid standards of reality. That one idea is the law that says for every trump tweet there is an equal and opposite trump counter tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    In a couple years there will be a mini-series on one of the major networks about the Trump white house (I would guess CBS).
    If things go really bad he'll have a weekly show on state TV like Putin.

Remember how we were just talking about how these idiots make a new thread for everything Trump while they were saying other people are spamming bullshit all over the forums or whatever dumb shit it was that I’m too lazy to go back and find because soywolff eats his own anus?
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Even if soywolff didn’t eat his own anus, I would still be too lazy
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible