Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Player's Corner is Dying

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    I kinda said the same thing and a few people who obviously have mental issues taunted me to skip out on the "politics" folder. It isn't politics, its a bunch of people who rant against each other in a very disgusting manor that has nothing to do with gaming.
    Would it suddenly have something to do with gaming if all the discussions were civil?

People need to think outside of the box. If you ever want the game to grow, then stop scaring people away. The community specifically in that folder and the rants on the LNET are embarrassing and no person who is looking for a get away would ever stick with this game. If the community is toxic, it will continue to destroy the game.
    If Simu does nothing to grow the game, why should we? The players have spent more on advertising this game than the company who makes the actual money off of it have.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    A role playing forum? That calls people retards. Think about that.
    99% of people who play GS have no problem separating in game from out of game. There are people who hate each other on here who have no problems with each other in game, and vice versa.

This also isn't a roleplaying forum. People don't run around posting shit like HEAR YE HEAR YE, ON THIS DAY I ATETH THY PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST WHILE YOU FEEBLE PEASANTS ATE A MEAL OF OATS OF THE INSTANTANEOUS VARIETY!!! or trying to act in character at all.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-22-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    99% of people who play GS have no problem separating in game from out of game. There are people who hate each other on here who have no problems with each other in game, and vice versa.

This also isn't a roleplaying forum. People don't run around posting shit like HEAR YE HEAR YE, ON THIS DAY I ATETH THY PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST WHILE YOU FEEBLE PEASANTS ATE A MEAL OF OATS OF THE INSTANTANEOUS VARIETY!!! or trying to act in character at all.
    No, but I'm going to start.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

There is no gaming forum I've ever seen that wasn't filled with vitriol from the players. The PC is no different. However, there is no gaming forum other than the PC that I've seen which places an off-topic discussion folder in the "activity stream". That's likely because most forums are controlled by the game creators, and prefer to keep the focus of their forum on the game. Even game community forums tend to push off-topic conversations to the background.

IMO, it's not a flaw of the forums to have off-topic threads and people screaming obscenities at one another in a politics thread, but it is a flaw to highlight those conversations for anyone outside of the community that might happen to visit this forum.

Blog Entries

Like, the answer is simple. Said hundreds of times. Use the new posts button. i don't understand why anyone uses the activity stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    There is no gaming forum I've ever seen that wasn't filled with vitriol from the players. The PC is no different. However, there is no gaming forum other than the PC that I've seen which places an off-topic discussion folder in the "activity stream". That's likely because most forums are controlled by the game creators, and prefer to keep the focus of their forum on the game. Even game community forums tend to push off-topic conversations to the background.

IMO, it's not a flaw of the forums to have off-topic threads and people screaming obscenities at one another in a politics thread, but it is a flaw to highlight those conversations for anyone outside of the community that might happen to visit this forum.
    I can agree with this. I have already taken you advice and just created a list of people and put them on ignore. Not sure why they think that anyone gives two hoots what they say or think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Like, the answer is simple. Said hundreds of times. Use the new posts button. i don't understand why anyone uses the activity stream.
    Because the Whats New button is more prominent, obvious, and new players are not going to immediately know that New Posts is a better filter. I don't know why people keep circling the conversation back to the helpful but irrelevant point that New Posts is "better". It's not going to solve the issue until you either completely remove Whats New, or make it a less obvious means of getting the latest post activity.

I've been receiving PMs from players indicating that they had never used new posts or today's posts before, and also agree that the whats new button causes problems due to the politics conversations being prominent. I'm not the only person who has identified this as design flaw with the PC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Because the Whats New button is more prominent, obvious, and new players are not going to immediately know that New Posts is a better filter. I don't know why people keep circling the conversation back to the helpful but irrelevant point that New Posts is "better". It's not going to solve the issue until you either completely remove Whats New, or make it a less obvious means of getting the latest post activity.

I've been receiving PMs from players indicating that they had never used new posts or today's posts before, and also agree that the whats new button causes problems due to the politics conversations being prominent. I'm not the only person who has identified this as design flaw with the PC.
    Then perhaps "Activity Stream" needs to be removed, problem solved.

FYI, New Posts is also under "What's New". It is an entire tab with several options under it. A lot of the people I've seen complain have been using the forums for a time and know of the "New Posts" feature but would rather complain about the content of the forum and continue to use the inferior features.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-22-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Then perhaps "Activity Stream" needs to be removed, problem solved.

With the new crybaby tactic in the politics folder being accusations of "UR STALKING ME FROM THREAD TO THREAD ALL OVER THE FORUMS!!!!!" it seems that there are more people than I thought who have no clue how to use these forums.

- Subscribed threads = shows only the threads you're subscribed to
    - When you post in a thread, you're automatically subscribed to it until you use "Thread Tools" to manually unsubscribe. You can also use thread tools to manually subscribe to a thread without having to post in it.

- Today's Posts = Shows threads that have been recently updated, with the thread most recently updated being first, and so on down the list
    - New Posts = Mostly the same as "Today's Posts," but slightly different. I don't know in what way, but the results are slightly different

Today's Posts:

Activity Stream for people who like making their life difficult:

Subscribed threads:
    Last edited by Methais; 08-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.