Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it acceptable to use homophobic slurs in the context of friendly "banter"?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Don't be silly, I recognize when people are using the word as friendly banter and I fully approve of usage when used in such a way.
    Except they aren't using it as friendly banter and you know it, so you condone it but are just too chicken shit to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Except they aren't using it as friendly banter and you know it, so you condone it but are just too chicken shit to admit it.
    subpoena subpoena

Look who gets to decide what is and is not friendly banter.

Since he won't answer that we can only assume Tgo condones those attacks by methais, parkbandit, and wraithbringer.
    Still waiting on you to produce some posts.

Since you keep deflecting we can only assume that you're being your usual pathological liar self who can't stand masturbating women.

What a sexist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Notices how he keeps deflecting, can't answer the simple question. Here, I'll dumb it down for you.. are homophobic slurs okay to use as personal attacks? Yes or no.

Notices how he keeps deflecting, can't answer the simple question. Here, I'll dumb it down for you.. are homophobic slurs okay to use as personal attacks? Yes or no.
    Yes.

7. Default

Is this friendly banter?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    Methais, one who stomps on Maliku with his queer stomping boots that were purchased from an army surplus store. Maliku seems to be upset at the fact that his pillow biting ass gets beat down by my fag stomping boots because he loves getting gang raped by men.

8. Default

I believe you, I think context matters. Like I wouldn't get upset just by someone using the word cracker or honky.
    Replace cracker or honky with nigger. Used in friendly banter.

Is your answer still the same?

If not, then homophobic slurs are equally not alright. It was nice of you to pick two terms for your example that have for their entire lifespan as words been considered fairly harmless in the first place though.

Blog Entries

Without reading most of this thread or whatever thread this whole thing started in, I can say with absolute certainty that, even though our politics don't align that much, tyrant is still fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Replace cracker or honky with nigger. Used in friendly banter.

Is your answer still the same?

If not, then homophobic slurs are equally not alright. It was nice of you to pick two terms for your example that have for their entire lifespan as words been considered fairly harmless in the first place though.
    Why do you feel certain racial slurs are okay but not others?

You just used "THE N WORD!" and it was okay to use, yes?