Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by zoraster View Post
    contractors can sign NDAs and do so with some frequency. But it's still a factor that can show employer control of employee. No individual factor is likely determinative and no factor is required.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means defending the way Simu handles their employees, but I don't think they are doing anything that is actually illegal.

2. Default

IMHO i feel like most of the people that become a GH or a GM just put up with it because they are tired of pumping money into the game and if it costs them 3hrs a week to get a free subscription that's fine.. they arent interested in working at fixing anything.. just filling in the required hours so they can log off and get on their personal characters. I know that's not true for some, because some work so hard that they become detached from the game itself and don't know shit from an acorn. but whatever.

3. Default

I think you're wrong, although I admit this is not my area of law. But for example, the old AOL Community Leaders (the people who, among other things, monitored chat rooms for AOL back in the day) ended up getting class certification leading to an eventual $15m settlement.

One of the most important pieces of caselaw is Tony and Susan Alamo Foundation v. Secretary of Labor, which held that "volunteers" for a church doing commercial activities were employees under the FLSA -- even though the "volunteers" did not want to be paid.

Now, whether something is against the law and whether someone is likely to sue a small company for the violation are different things, particularly if they're unable to get class certification (as that's the path to the larger attorney fees that will attract a labor law attorney).
    Last edited by zoraster; 08-15-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I think you're wrong, although I admit this is not my area of law. But for example, the old AOL Community Leaders (the people who, among other things, monitored chat rooms for AOL back in the day) ended up getting class certification leading to an eventual $15m settlement.

One of the most important pieces of caselaw is Tony and Susan Alamo Foundation v. Secretary of Labor, which held that "volunteers" for a church doing commercial activities were employees under the FLSA -- even though the "volunteers" did not want to be paid.

Now, whether something is against the law and whether someone is likely to sue a small company for the violation are different things, particularly if they're unable to get class-certification (as that's the path to the larger attorney fees that will attract a labor law attorney).
    Yeah but they aren't actual volunteers as they do receive compensation. They might be doing some other shady shit but this isn't it.

I’m pretty sure there’s been at least one disgruntled ex-GM that has already checked into this and came up with nothing.

Probably.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

6. Default

From what I can tell, they receive compensation of "up to a few hundred dollars" for high performance, which is unlikely to be anything like the minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I’m pretty sure there’s been at least one disgruntled ex-GM that has already checked into this and came up with nothing.

Probably.
    Gelston used to be a GM. Let's get his ass in here and clear up some things.

Hey Gelston, what the fuck cough it up
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Probably.
    It's also possible that it has been done, and they received an early small settlement. We are unlikely to know if that were the case. Note: that probably wouldn't indicate much as to whether the case has merit or not.
    Last edited by zoraster; 08-15-2018 at 05:00 PM.

It's also possible that it has been done, and they received an early small settlement. We are unlikely to know if that were the case. Note: that probably wouldn't indicate much as to whether the case has merit or not.
    When Dusk Ruin doubles in frequency, we’ll know why.