Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

They genuinely do not seem to care about what the player base wants at all. They have their own vision and will absolutely be DAMNED if they'll deviate from it. This ongoing insistence that every new hunting area has to have some wait time/RT timesink or just insane maneuvers/unavoidable injury stacking is the antithesis of fun and the definition of tedium. Like I genuinely don't want them to release any new capped content because it's just going to suck and not even be close to worth the time to hunt. Even OTF with its disarming, fading, and looting mechanics is like a dream compared to the Confluence/Sanctum (was the stupid wagon ride really necessary? Really?)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    all the new hunting grounds absolutely suck with the craptastic additions they make in the spirit of "making it challenging" they say. confluence? moving RT, auto-dispels, ridiculous deaths. sanctum? no idea - it's a pain to even get there

i don't know a single recent hunting ground that was remotely fun
    I actually think the Sanctum is one of the most fun hunting areas in the whole game. It's the only place I've found that really compares with warcamps in terms of excitement. I guess when I say "excitement" I mean ridiculous swarms of deadly creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    They genuinely do not seem to care about what the player base wants at all. They have their own vision and will absolutely be DAMNED if they'll deviate from it. This ongoing insistence that every new hunting area has to have some wait time/RT timesink or just insane maneuvers/unavoidable injury stacking is the antithesis of fun and the definition of tedium. Like I genuinely don't want them to release any new capped content because it's just going to suck and not even be close to worth the time to hunt. Even OTF with its disarming, fading, and looting mechanics is like a dream compared to the Confluence/Sanctum (was the stupid wagon ride really necessary? Really?)
    The real question is, why are Volners the only ones who get to go to all of the capped hunting areas with ease. But as for the Sanctum, the periapts really do make it quite easy. Although dying in the Sanctum certainly sucks...

Take out the transportation crap and I'll be more interested in it. Honestly it's 2018, nobody wants to spend time traveling in this game. If you can't ;go2 there quickly it isn't worthwhile to me. Yeah there's the periapt mechanic but it isn't super reliable if you can't stay in the field that long. It's a deadly hunting area with plenty of risk just hunting it, please let us just ;go2 in and out for crying out loud.

edit: and while I'm at it, does the Rift still need the dropzone wait? It's already an out of the way zone, and there's the spirit drain, and the self-circle mechanics. Just make it so you take the final step in the sphere and boom you're in the Rift. Timesinks for the sake of timesinks are honestly the worst.
    Last edited by audioserf; 08-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.

lol greater skayls

peam if you want to hunt this moronic new area I'll heal your tedium injuries at the statue and make mad EXP. Thanks GMs!

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    edit: and while I'm at it, does the Rift still need the dropzone wait? It's already an out of the way zone, and there's the spirit drain, and the self-circle mechanics. Just make it so you take the final step in the sphere and boom you're in the Rift. Timesinks for the sake of timesinks are honestly the worst.
    I remember when I used to time how long it took to drop into the Rift. I think the record was over 5 minutes. Yeah 5 minutes of my character literally being stuck in a room without being able to do anything just for the chance to hunt.

Alot of haters on this thread.

Great way to encourage the GMs to make us new stuff. Shit all over whatever they do, all of the time. Smart!

But from the reviews I read in this thread of people actually trying the hunting area, it sounds very dangerous and high risk, low reward. it's a bit of a shame this might be a hunting area no one uses, I hope not!

GSIV has a very reactive playerbase so you're right to an extent BUT there's this frustrating recurring pattern of developing things with almost deliberately obnoxious elements and then expecting to have praise heaped on them for it. I think you're right - nobody's going to hunt there, except people who want literally free EXP for an empath alt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Alot of haters on this thread.

Great way to encourage the GMs to make us new stuff. Shit all over whatever they do, all of the time. Smart!

But from the reviews I read in this thread of people actually trying the hunting area, it sounds very dangerous and high risk, low reward. it's a bit of a shame this might be a hunting area no one uses, I hope not!
    There are also people who think development is sacrosanct and get bent out of shape when someone criticizes counterproductive design choices.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.