Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Alot of haters on this thread.

Great way to encourage the GMs to make us new stuff. Shit all over whatever they do, all of the time. Smart!

But from the reviews I read in this thread of people actually trying the hunting area, it sounds very dangerous and high risk, low reward. it's a bit of a shame this might be a hunting area no one uses, I hope not!

I mean, I'm fine with them completely stopping development if the only thing that ever gets developed is a text-based version of them shitting in my mouth.

It's a bad area. They made bad choices. They should feel bad.

Teras is notorious for every hunting area having an instant kill mechanic. No surprises here on the high risk factor, only wish they added more rooms as it feels like a missed opportunity to "discover" a new area and have a storyline.

Great way to encourage the GMs to make us new stuff. Shit all over whatever they do, all of the time. Smart!
    A lot of what they do is garbage though. Paid events out the ass, they care more about the cash shop than they do about freebies, they don't give a shit when it comes to player feedback, I have literally seen posts where Wyrom is calling players ungrateful for the shit storm that was Wizard 'updates'.

You want people to stop knocking what's implemented? Stop implementing worthless shit like this that serves nothing more than to hammer home the fact that Simutronics doesn't care about quality.

It seems to me like an attempt at some low-hanging fruit quick content additions. Probably did not take a ton of time to develop, hence the reason they did it this way. Sure all new creatures, all new areas, with full storyline etc. etc. is nice, but that requires ALOT more time and effort than just banging out a few creatures and tossing them in an existing empty area. It is what it is. I wouldnt mind it if the area werent so painful to hunt from what it sounds like. I will be entering this level range very soon so would have been cool to have something I can realistically fry on without too much annoyance. I likely will not utilize this area because of that, which is a shame. But again my guess is this took them a few hours.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-15-2018 at 11:05 AM.

my guess is this took them a few hours.

But again my guess is this took them a few hours.
    Hours? H O U R S?

Nah. I'm willing to bet it took minutes.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-15-2018 at 11:10 AM.

But from the reviews I read in this thread of people actually trying the hunting area, it sounds very dangerous and high risk, low reward. it's a bit of a shame this might be a hunting area no one uses, I hope not!
    I work in software development. The #1 priority should be providing a product their customer enjoys. This isn't the developer's fault, it's whoever defines the acceptance criteria at Simu. If the acceptance criteria is poorly defined for your developers, you get a crap product.

You don't get quality software by having a bunch of cheerleaders yelling "Yay! Your shit smells like roses!!". You get quality software from having customer feedback.

but you have to be excited about any and all development because these people aren’t employees they’re volunteers being compensated with Buffalo Wild Wings coupons as a stipend, we should be thankful for any absolutely garbo shit they crank out

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    but you have to be excited about any and all development because these people aren’t employees they’re volunteers being compensated with Buffalo Wild Wings coupons as a stipend, we should be thankful for any absolutely garbo shit they crank out
    Heh. I am more than willing to say Thank you!!! to the people doing the work, and then offer constructive feedback, that is not always happy. Hopefully a volunteer is not demoralized by hearing thank you and we appreciate your effort, please try and make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I work in software development. The #1 priority should be providing a product their customer enjoys. This isn't the developer's fault, it's whoever defines the acceptance criteria at Simu. If the acceptance criteria is poorly defined for your developers, you get a crap product.

You don't get quality software by having a bunch of cheerleaders yelling "Yay! Your shit smells like roses!!". You get quality software from having customer feedback.
    Well now you are twisting what I said. I never mentioned we should be cheerleading them for this. I agree the hunting area does not seem very useable.

I just pointed out we shouldnt immediately shit all over everything in such an abusive manner. Organize your feedback - give constructive feedback. From my 8 years in the gaming industry and 2 years in game design, i can tell you that will get noticed alot more than random bitching and moaning and flames.