Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I've updated the skayl (all types) loot mechanics to be a lot less punishing than they were -- it should be on par with glacei looting now. I've also removed the fire mages from the McKyren's end area and toned back how often greater skayls will cast Earthen Fury (though they still will cast it).

It should be noted that this area is literally a continuation of the Eye and its existing mechanics, so that if you've hunted up through the Eye already to the old gap point, moving on to dervishes and greater skayls will be a lot easier than coming in fresh. Fire mages are quite huntable once you figure out how to safely do so, and steam dervish death retaliation is much the same.

Coase

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...Areas/view/324
    Damnit, right after my wizard levels out of greater skayl bounties too.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I've updated the skayl (all types) loot mechanics to be a lot less punishing than they were -- it should be on par with glacei looting now. I've also removed the fire mages from the McKyren's end area and toned back how often greater skayls will cast Earthen Fury (though they still will cast it).

It should be noted that this area is literally a continuation of the Eye and its existing mechanics, so that if you've hunted up through the Eye already to the old gap point, moving on to dervishes and greater skayls will be a lot easier than coming in fresh. Fire mages are quite huntable once you figure out how to safely do so, and steam dervish death retaliation is much the same.

Coase

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...Areas/view/324
    Heading over to try the nerfed area now.

Will be back to bitch in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Heading over to try the nerfed area now.

Will be back to bitch in a few hours.
    'atta boy
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I think Skayls are the only creatures that cast earthen fury which are nearly impossible to disable. They're immune to 410, 909, 709, 435, 912, 512, and I think 610. Cannot be stunned. Have no limbs to remove to prevent casting, nor can you ambush their non-existent neck. You can 703 them, so sorcerers should be able to lock down earthen fury. You can use 514 and push them over. Maybe 505 bolt works? Never had success knocking them over with attacks in general. I would suspect they're immune to 118 since they're made of molten glaes, and would just melt the webs.

Basically, you have one of the most obnoxious open roll spells in the game on a creature that you have next to no way to block them from casting it, so if you don't kill them before they decide to use the spell, you had better be really good at SmR defense!

Steam Elementals in the Confluence have similar spell immunities and also cast Earthen Fury. If you havent trained away the movement RT running into any of the elementals can force you to defend against their first spell/attack which can result in some mix of dispell, disabling or insta-kills if you have really bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Maybe 505 bolt works?
    505 bolt does not work.

Reciting the mystical phrases of Hand of Tonis, you feel a rime of frost wreathe your violet eyes and infuse them with an icy blue energy that dissipates as you release your spell.
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a greater skayl.
    You unleash a bolt of churning air at a greater skayl!
    The greater skayl is immune to unbalancing.

At least they are "easier" to search now. Resulted in a minor(exactly like glacei[no experience for healing]) and no burning.

You break through the crust of the greater skayl and withdraw a heart of smooth black glaes!
    Bright orange lava oozes out of the greater skayl before it crumbles into a lifeless pile of glaes.