Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So, they are super cereal on their QCing and all that. I'm sure it took probably an hour (tops) to create the creatures, place them, all that. But QC is what can take a lot of time.

It is stupid. It is slow. It is something. I wish they would have decided on better creatures, but I imagine they were forced to stick with the theme of the location.
    I'm sorry, did I say over a decade? I meant over two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by GS WIKI
    Teras Isle was released in early 1996.
    Last edited by Velfi; 08-15-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I'm sorry, did I say over a decade? I meant over two decades.
    How many of the GMs around have been GMs for a decade? Or two decades? The gap has existed, but for whatever reason, a GM hasn't gotten to fixing it, either because of other projects or they quit/got fired just before they could.

And the "gap" hasn't existed that long. It was created when Nelemar was released.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-15-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

How many of the GMs around have been GMs for a decade? Or two decades? The gap has existed, but for whatever reason, a GM hasn't gotten to fixing it, either because of other projects or they quit/got fired just before they could.

And the "gap" hasn't existed that long. It was created when Nelemar was released.
    I have no idea how long any of the GMs have been around. From what I can tell Nelemar was released in 2006, so that's still 12 years for Simu to know about this glaring hole in a hunting area and do nothing. I'm not calling out some single GM for not getting on this, I'm blaming Simu, the company in charge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I have no idea how long any of the GMs have been around. From what I can tell Nelemar was released in 2006, so that's still 12 years for Simu to know about this glaring hole in a hunting area and do nothing. I'm not calling out some single GM for not getting on this, I'm blaming Simu, the company in charge.
    Eh, I don't think they saw it as "glaring" though. To people that like to hang around Teras, sure. I don't hang out around Teras and I had no idea about it. I didn't know it existed until this was released.

I'm not saying I agree with their methods of doing shit, I don't. i think it is dumb. I'm just saying what they are and my suspicions on why we got what we got.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-15-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

This new area continues to get worse!

New areas of annoying hunting mechanics, and they come packed into TWO creatures only! lol...

Skayls - attacking these without using a cold flaring weapon will cause the weapon to heat up, and eventually it will burn you.
    Dervish - They have a maneuver that appears to drop your DS for the next attack

DS prior to the maneuver: +362

A steam dervish suddenly blows a blast of hot steam directly at your face!
    You are badly distracted by the attack!

DS after a "badly distracted" failure: +297

There could be other contributing factors, but effectively the DS was dropped dramatically. They have an AS of over 400.

Here's an important one for ambushers - severing the limbs of a Steam Dervish will result in hot steam spraying out of the open wound:

The steam dervish fumes with rage as her right hand falls to the ground! Hot steam sprays out from the open wound, covering you with scalding water!
    ... 3 points of damage!

That 3 points stunned me for 2 rounds, but I had 26 points of crit padding to mitigate the attack.

So, summarize:

1. 2 Creatures (Fire Mages + Steam Dervish) will deal a wound when they die that will stack on top of existing wounds.
    2. 2 Creatures (Fire mages + Greater Skayls) will cast Earthen Fury as their primary form of attack.
    3. Skayls cannot be searched without taking injuries to the hand, and you will have to use 315 to remove the item from your hand
    4. Skayls are fire elemental creatures that cause your weapon to heat up (unless cold flaring) until it burns your hand (or feet).
    5. Steam Dervish will use Hamstring regularly inflicting wounds to your legs.
    6. Steam Dervish will flare steam damage if you severe a limb.
    7. Steam Dervish has a maneuver that blows steam in your face to substantially reduce your DS for their next attack.

This area is ideally hunted by 1) Pure empaths or 2) Sniper that can hit eyes while staying in stealth. These two types of hunting styles will do great here because they will avoid 90% of the annoying aspects. Warriors with Deflect Elements and a shield equipped could also block a bunch of these attacks, but it's just a chance to block and not guaranteed.

Good luck to anyone that attempts to hunt here!
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-17-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Here's an important one for ambushers - severing the limbs of a Steam Dervish will result in hot steam spraying out of the open wound:
    lol @ giving Vvrael stuff to skayls

2018 is the year of being trolled by Simu.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-17-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Well, I'll take back what I said before. They DID put some effort into these creatures even if the powers are reskins of Rift effects and a steam version of Dirt Kick. But with all those downsides, what's the point? This is a risk vs reward issue. Way too much risk for no reward.

This is the exact line from the Agreement...

TERM OF NON-DISCLOSURE. The Individual shall exercise reasonable care to prevent disclosure of or use for any purpose unrelated to use on Simutronics' products or to the evaluation of the products or suitability of the products, at any time prior to the expiration of three (3) years following the termination of this Agreement, of any Information which the Individual receives from Simutronics pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
    3 years eh?

Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

More updates - Greater Skayls level confirmed to be 81 (582 BPs for an heirloom quest - Yes, it was SEARCH, not Loot) -- ( 582 - 15 ) / 7 = 81
    Steam Dervish is level 84 (603 BPs for an heirloom quest - It was a loot variety) --- (603 -15) / 7 = 84

Steam Dervish weapons have steam flares that do hurt quite a bit. They are also cannot be stunned by conventional means.
    Skayls are immune to 410, 909, 912, 709, 512, and probably any other conventional knock-down spell. They are NOT immune to 514 + push.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-17-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    More updates - Greater Skayls level confirmed to be 81 (582 BPs for an heirloom quest - Yes, it was SEARCH, not Loot) -- ( 582 - 15 ) / 7 = 81
    Steam Dervish is level 84 (603 BPs for an heirloom quest - It was a loot variety) --- (603 -15) / 7 = 84

Steam Dervish weapons have steam flares that do hurt quite a bit. They are also cannot be stunned by conventional means.
    Skayls are immune to 410, 909, 912, 709, 512, and probably any other conventional knock-down spell. They are NOT immune to 514 + push.
    I kinda wish they made skayle heirlooms a LOOT bounty now.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This is how you design a Teras hunting area:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...amp+submission
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM