Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by zoraster View Post
    From what I can tell, they receive compensation of "up to a few hundred dollars" for high performance, which is unlikely to be anything like the minimum wage.
    Yeah but minimum wage laws do not apply to independent contractors. So the question now is if Simu is calling them independent contractors in order to avoid labor laws. If what Simu has told us is true, that GMs pretty much do their own thing and the requirements are mere guidelines, it's kind of hard to argue that they are indeed regular employees. No regular employee is going to be able to make up their own schedule and finish work whenever they feel like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Gelston used to be a GM. Let's get his ass in here and clear up some things.
    Gelston was Andraste.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Gelston was Andraste.
    :O

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Gelston was Andraste.
    He was Emeradan too.

Simucon Gelston Andraste Emeradan Gelston Notsleg just arrived.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Oh wait no he just banged Andraste.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

rofl...

So yeah, GMs do sign a NDA. They are independent contractors and they are compensated in cash money. It isn't a lot though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

This is the exact line from the Agreement...

TERM OF NON-DISCLOSURE. The Individual shall exercise reasonable care to prevent disclosure of or use for any purpose unrelated to use on Simutronics' products or to the evaluation of the products or suitability of the products, at any time prior to the expiration of three (3) years following the termination of this Agreement, of any Information which the Individual receives from Simutronics pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    It seems to me like an attempt at some low-hanging fruit quick content additions. Probably did not take a ton of time to develop, hence the reason they did it this way. Sure all new creatures, all new areas, with full storyline etc. etc. is nice, but that requires ALOT more time and effort than just banging out a few creatures and tossing them in an existing empty area. It is what it is. I wouldnt mind it if the area werent so painful to hunt from what it sounds like. I will be entering this level range very soon so would have been cool to have something I can realistically fry on without too much annoyance. I likely will not utilize this area because of that, which is a shame. But again my guess is this took them a few hours.
    So.. after over a decade of knowing about this gap, they were finally able to put in "a few hours" to add 2 creatures. Definitely worth a pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    So.. after over a decade of knowing about this gap, they were finally able to put in "a few hours" to add 2 creatures. Definitely worth a pat on the back.
    Rome wasn't built in 30 years.

Blog Entries

So, they are super cereal on their QCing and all that. I'm sure it took probably an hour (tops) to create the creatures, place them, all that. But QC is what can take a lot of time.

It is stupid. It is slow. It is something. I wish they would have decided on better creatures, but I imagine they were forced to stick with the theme of the location.