Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    which one are you referring to? only things that come to mind for me is nelemar (popular), rift (still common nowadays? not sure, haven't hunted there in a while), otf (busier than warclaidh's wallet), confluence (aka methias's private hunting ground), sanctum (no idea how busy this gets)....anything else missing aside from instanced grounds?
    Lich's Landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    In their defense none of the GMs are trained game developers who have any real experience designing. If they had the development team from Bethesda write up a hunting area sure it’ll be top notch fun but this is a small company with a fanatical player base with an all volunteer staff, it is what it is.
    That's their own fault. If they stop relying on people to do what they should do from the start, they wouldn't be in this stagnated mess of development. They wouldn't be having to rely on people with downtime to code their game. I honestly doubt that even a third of what the game makes in revenue gets reinvested back into it and that is hugely a problem. I could probably run the entirety of Gemstone on a 5 year old server, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Lich's Landing.
    "here's this capped hunting area people seem to like. better get rid of it"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    "here's this capped hunting area people seem to like. better get rid of it"

Does anyone know why is was scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Fun is tied to billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    It was always meant to be temporary for the quest. But it had
    1) capped hunting that wasn't fucking terrible
    2) undead around levels 60-80

two things the game just can't fucking have, apparently. Special internet-fist-bump to whoever it was that when Mestys was talking on the twitch stream about designing areas and he was like "well the biggest thing needs to be the area has to fill a need", and someone in chat was like "uh...undead gap?"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Fun is tied to billing.
    This is the most true statement ever posted on the PC.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Using skayl which have always been one of the most obnoxious and pointless creatures in the game is fucking amazing. I bet you even get loot bounty tasks for them too. What a joke.
    Last edited by audioserf; 08-15-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Fun is tied to billing.
    This is amazing.

10. Default

Well, they only got one hit this time:

Gemstone IV Announcement and Teaser Checklist

[ ] New feature is behind a paywall
    [ ] Added a new in-game currency
    [x] New feature is a good idea but is ruined by nerfs or GM apathy
    [ ] System/Mechanic overhaul ends up being a nerf
    [ ] Lack of information on new feature/item
    [ ] Expects the player base to figure out how the new feature works with no help
    [ ] Event/Feature/Item ends up being a bait and switch
    [ ] New/changed system requires a massive time investment before getting anything worthwhile (carrot on a stick)
    [ ] False advertising
    [ ] Minor buff/change makes the player base paranoid
    [ ] New item requires multiple tiers on unlocking
    [ ] Last unlock tier on new item is an "auction level" unlock
    [ ] Highly sought after item can only be gotten from a "slot machine" game at a paid event
    [ ] Blatant lying by a GM
    [ ] New cash shop merchandise

It's kinda amazing that the creatures they would pick would be so terrible. The Skayl is a the big one since it's just one big trap to kill you when you do something you normally do. HOW DARE YOU SEARCH YOUR KILL!!! At least the dervish doesn't insta-kill you.

I don't get Simu or the GMs. At this point, they are so disconnected from the player base that any change they make is met with suspicion. They don't listen and they really think they know better than everyone else.
    Also, I wouldn't touch this game's code with a 10 foot pole. I guarantee you this game is build on a massive amount of legacy code that they can't update without breaking the game. I don't they even have the money to do it if they wanted to.
    And if you want to talk about Savants, it's been like 20 years since they announced them? In that time, any person could have created them. This includes going to school to learn about coding, getting work experience, learning the GS4 system, play testing the profession and all the changes and then releasing it. I refuse to believe it is THAT hard to create Savants given how much time has passed.

In closing, I leave you with this:

Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code