Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFCIAL: McKyren's End Hunting Area Update

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Teras is notorious for every hunting area having an instant kill mechanic. No surprises here on the high risk factor, only wish they added more rooms as it feels like a missed opportunity to "discover" a new area and have a storyline.
    I suspect there was originally a story planned for this. Remember all the quakes and volcano messaging that went on for months? Then Liia(sp?) left or LOA'd for whatever reason and the whole thing stalled out.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Well now you are twisting what I said. I never mentioned we should be cheerleading them for this. I agree the hunting area does not seem very useable.

I just pointed out we shouldnt immediately shit all over everything in such an abusive manner. Organize your feedback - give constructive feedback. From my 8 years in the gaming industry and 2 years in game design, i can tell you that will get noticed alot more than random bitching and moaning and flames.
    I'm pretty sure anyone with 10 years experience in the gaming industry knows that whining on the forums is the most common method of getting feedback from your playerbase. The issue that gets the most whines is obviously the #1 problem to solve to keep customers happy.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-15-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I'm pretty sure anyone with 10 years experience in the gaming industry knows that whining on the forums is the most common method of getting feedback from your playerbase. The issue that gets the most whines is obviously the #1 problem to solve to keep customers happy.
    Whines get ignored more than coherent feedback. Flames get ignored even more.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-15-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    but you have to be excited about any and all development because these people aren’t employees they’re volunteers being compensated with Buffalo Wild Wings coupons as a stipend, we should be thankful for any absolutely garbo shit they crank out
    I no longer buy the argument from Simu that their GMs are basically volunteers who just barely earn enough for pizza money. Maybe that excuse worked in the past, but I remember Wyrom saying something about GMs getting a cut on paid events which is why a lot of GMs choose to work on paid events over other parts of the game because it allows them to supplement their income.

I still have no idea how much money GMs make and I'm sure it doesn't pay well enough to make an actual career out of it, but according to Wyrom himself GMs are making money off of this game. Doesn't make sense to say GMs choose to work on paid events to supplement their income if they are still just earning "pizza and beer" money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I no longer buy the argument from Simu that their GMs are basically volunteers who just barely earn enough for pizza money. Maybe that excuse worked in the past, but I remember Wyrom saying something about GMs getting a cut on paid events which is why a lot of GMs choose to work on paid events over other parts of the game because it allows them to supplement their income.

I still have no idea how much money GMs make and I'm sure it doesn't pay well enough to make an actual career out of it, but according to Wyrom himself GMs are making money off of this game. Doesn't make sense to say GMs choose to work on paid events to supplement their income if they are still just earning "pizza and beer" money.
    Yes, I agree. It's likely there are more paid GMs than just Wyrom by now. Especially considering the game is earning good money these days thanks to all the paid events.

The Avg Revenue Per User (ARPU - mobile gaming KPI but its relevant) for GS is absolutely crazy compared to most mobile and f2p games. Much smaller playerbase, but the ARPU makes up for it big time.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree. It's likely there are more paid GMs than just Wyrom by now. Especially considering the game is earning good money these days thanks to all the paid events
    There's a difference between getting paid a bonus and being paid hourly/salaried though. Last I heard there were only like two or three people who drew a salary from GS, Wyrom being one. The guys who are coding and doing other kinds of GM work have regular 9-5 jobs, they aren't surviving on GS.

I just want to see them hire a coder, even if they're part time. You can't tell me GS has so much back end they can't afford it.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Alot of haters on this thread.

Great way to encourage the GMs to make us new stuff. Shit all over whatever they do, all of the time. Smart!

But from the reviews I read in this thread of people actually trying the hunting area, it sounds very dangerous and high risk, low reward. it's a bit of a shame this might be a hunting area no one uses, I hope not!
    As opposed to saying nothing which to Simu = “They must really love this, let’s make more of it!”?

Simu is stupid and arrogant as fuck and after all these years are still incapable of learning from past mistakes or considering that maybe just maybe their new idea for XYZ that everyone hates might be because it’s actually terrible and not just the players whining about bullshit.

I doubt it’s usually due to straight up bad design from the drawing board either. I’m pretty sure most new things that are designed get watered down as fuck during the QA process and by the time the final product goes live even the GM that created it is probably like wtf this is stupid as fuck.

Probably.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-15-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    As opposed to saying nothing which to Simu = “They must really love this, let’s make more of it!”?

Simu is stupid and arrogant as fuck and after all these years are still incapable of learning from past mistakes or considering that maybe just maybe their new idea for XYZ that everyone hates might be because it’s actually terrible and not just the players whining about bullshit.
    Not every idea is a hit. That goes for all games/MMOs. There is alot of stuff they added over the past years that I love. I dont think this hunting area will be one of them, unless they improve it, but as long as they didnt spend 3 weeks adding 2 creatures to an existing area, I dont care. At least someone will hunt there, even if its just empaths.

It is very frustrating however to see this hutning area get added when there is a gap in the 80s level progression, and that it will likely be a bomb and no one uses it. I hope they add an 80s hunting area that is actually fun and with good XP gain. I personally dont care so much about loot anyways.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-15-2018 at 11:53 AM.

9. Default

Whines get ignored more than coherent feedback. Flames get ignored even more.
    Flames get you banned. Flat out. One of the reasons more people post over here is because you have to walk on egg shells on the officials. People have been banned for voicing their opinion in a civil manner before.

I've seen GMs completely ignore constructive feed. The Elemental Lore review was a great example. Not to mention that the Wizard community could not get the GMs to explain their line of thought on WHY either. Hell, I think it took them a year to get any sort of change and even those buffs were minor.

Simu does not have a good relationship with their player base. There is no open line of dialog between them the two and the player base is angry that nothing changes.

Also, I'm not going to sing praises for a minor update like this. Simu loves to make a big deal out of minor buffs. "Look! We are doing something!" If you want the people to be happy, implement something worthwhile. How about fixing the item lose problem with disarm? But I have no faith that it wouldn't come with some cash shop BS attached.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Not every idea is a hit. That goes for all games/MMOs. There is alot of stuff they added over the past years that I love. I dont think this hunting area will be one of them, unless they improve it, but as long as they didnt spend 3 weeks adding 2 creatures to an existing area, I dont care. At least someone will hunt there, even if its just empaths.
    I think you'll find my tone is very different on the officials and discord when communicating directly with the staff and providing feedback. On PC, it's just going to be raw bitching because something that could have been a real win was a major flop.