Thread: a razor-edged rolaren chisel

Default a razor-edged rolaren chisel

I'm not hugely motivated to get rid of this (it's my first and only major auction win), but I don't make use of it to its fullest potential with the way I play, so I figured I'd see if I could get something more useful to me. It's on my sorcerer, so things that would be useful him would interest me the most (esp a really nice set of full leather), but I also have an empath, warrior (blunt/tower shield), and cleric that could always use equipment upgrades. Cash offers will be ignored and silver/BS offers will only be considered if they fall into the realm of stupid amounts.

The razor-edged rolaren chisel is from an auction at the 2020 Briarmoon Cove and is a gem chisel that you can HIT gems with to increase their value with ~10% chance to injure your hand and/or destroy the gem. This one also has SK Glamour (1205) and a "custom" loresong (not sure if other gem chisels have the same one or not). It works with every type of gem I've tried it on, including pearls, talons, and scripted Rift gems (I haven't tried it on shells from RR/SolHaven, but if someone really wants to know, I can check). I've also successfully used it to imbed 1205 in items.

>anal my chi
    You analyze your rolaren chisel and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This is a gem chisel. You could HIT a gem with the chisel in order to attempt to increase the gem's value.

It could be altered as long as it remains a tool you can hit a gem with to cause the gem to become faceted.

You get no sense of whether or not the chisel may be further lightened.
    >weigh my chi
    You carefully examine the rolaren chisel and determine that the weight is less than 2 pounds.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    >l my chi
    The rolaren chisel has a sharpened, flat edge on one end and a blunt knob on the other. The chisel looks worn from use but still gleams with sharpness. The craftsmanship on the chisel is solid and the runes engraved along its sides are intricately entangled.

Loresong:

As you sing, hot steel smells surround you. There is a sense of displacement as the smells gather strength. Everything is distorted, then. . .

A pair of tongs hold you, first over a flame then over an anvil as you are gently worked from formless metal into a small rod shape.

Roundtime: 8 sec.

As you continue to sing, you feel yourself bathed in cool water as an ancient man of dwarven features works and chants in a guttural language while engraving your surface. As he continues his chant, you realize that you're experiencing the rolaren chisel's beginnings. For a moment, as you feel the grindstone honing your edge, you feel magic imbue your chisel-self as you shine with an inner light. Then the sense is gone.

Roundtime: 14 sec.

As you continue to sing, you now see yourself surrounded by many different tools. A graceful hand reaches for you and grasps you firmly. As you are lifted up, you see many gems lying as if sorted below you.

Roundtime: 14 sec.

You sense yourself brought almost into contact with one of the gems. You drift away from the gem, then drift forward once more. There is a strong sense of power as you are momentarily brought into contact with one of the gems. Somehow you know just how to improve its beauty. The nature of the power within you is just out of reach. You feel yourself separate from the rolaren chisel before your purpose manifests itself. It would appear the only way to recall your power within, is to experiment.

Roundtime: 15 sec.
    Last edited by Nothing; 03-31-2021 at 05:56 AM.

No longer available, traded to someone that can get more use from it for a pair of items I can get way more use from.