Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Omarosa

The statute does not require her to operate in a law enforcement capacity.

(1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter any person who—
    (a) intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire, oral, or electronic communication;
    (b) intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any electronic, mechanical, or other device to intercept any oral communication when—
    (i) such device is affixed to, or otherwise transmits a signal through, a wire, cable, or other like connection used in wire communication; or
    (ii) such device transmits communications by radio, or interferes with the transmission of such communication; or
    (iii) such person knows, or has reason to know, that such device or any component thereof has been sent through the mail or transported in interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (iv) such use or endeavor to use (A) takes place on the premises of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or (B) obtains or is for the purpose of obtaining information relating to the operations of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (v) such person acts in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States;

That is the first paragraph, near as I can tell, she violated three separate items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty crazy. Almost as crazy as the media writing Omarosa off as a despicable liar right up until the point she announced her new book and what a racist Trump is and how he needs to be impeached, now they are hanging on her every word. I'll give April Ryan credit for being consistent and still insisting she's a liar.
    Here is the thing. I make decisions based on what I see out of the people who are in positions and not what the media makes out of things. He was clear as day saying how great she was and then 6 months later the scum of the earth. The real problem is everyone serving him is a liar. He literally makes people lie for him. He is a con man. A terrible person. Not a day goes by that I wish Kasich would have been elected.

Didn't Democrats have a choice between Bernie and Hillary? Now that was a disaster of a choice.
    It was a terrible choice. Two party system is terrible.

Also I have no clue what the popular vote should not determine presidency. The gerrymandering in this country is completely insane.
    Last edited by karnamm; 08-14-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    He was clear as day saying how great she was and then 6 months later the scum of the earth.
    Well to be fair he wasn't going to call her scum of the earth while she was working for him. I also don't recall him saying much of anything at all about her until she announced her book calling him a racist liar who needs to be impeached, so I can understand him fighting back after those accusations.

Now it could be argued he should have known better than to hire her to begin with but it's not like some people aren't good at kissing ass to get a job then will turn on people first chance they are given.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    I only hire the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    The statute does not require her to operate in a law enforcement capacity.

(1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter any person who—
    (a) intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire, oral, or electronic communication;
    (b) intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any electronic, mechanical, or other device to intercept any oral communication when—
    (i) such device is affixed to, or otherwise transmits a signal through, a wire, cable, or other like connection used in wire communication; or
    (ii) such device transmits communications by radio, or interferes with the transmission of such communication; or
    (iii) such person knows, or has reason to know, that such device or any component thereof has been sent through the mail or transported in interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (iv) such use or endeavor to use (A) takes place on the premises of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or (B) obtains or is for the purpose of obtaining information relating to the operations of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (v) such person acts in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States;

That is the first paragraph, near as I can tell, she violated three separate items.
    Yeah so this provision is part of the Wiretap Act, and it only applies to the interception of conversations by third parties. i.e. The Federal Government listening in on conversations between two citizens. There are some provisions in there that also affect work (hence the provisions at the bottom), but none of this applies to a situation where someone recorded their own conversation.

7. Default

Omarosa asserts to @KatyTurNBC that President Trump knew about the forthcoming leak of Clinton emails before they were leaked.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1029431749388976128

Well to be fair he wasn't going to call her scum of the earth while she was working for him. I also don't recall him saying much of anything at all about her until she announced her book calling him a racist liar who needs to be impeached, so I can understand him fighting back after those accusations.

Now it could be argued he should have known better than to hire her to begin with but it's not like some people aren't good at kissing ass to get a job then will turn on people first chance they are given.
    WTF? Are you compelled to do this? Is it a form of OCD? Brainwashing? "To be fair trump wasn't going to advertise to the world that he hired a shitty asshole on your dime and one must admit he exercised extremely good judgement not to criticize her right away. It was only a few days later that he had a meltdown. I think that's showing real presidential progress."

Yes, Yes it IS argued that he should have known better. He make terrible decisions. Our President is too big an idiot to know better than to hire people like Manafort, Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous, Page, Manigault, Porter, Lewandowski and on and on and on. He admits that he hates his own decision making everytime he attacks Sessions and Rosenstein.

Some of these things are not defensible, yet you will always stand up to protect your guy. It's a shame to see this compulsion. Are you incapable of controlling yourself? Do you simply like to banter here? Are you so personally invested in trump that an attack on him feels like an attack on you? What's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah so this provision is part of the Wiretap Act, and it only applies to the interception of conversations by third parties. i.e. The Federal Government listening in on conversations between two citizens. There are some provisions in there that also affect work (hence the provisions at the bottom), but none of this applies to a situation where someone recorded their own conversation.
    Do you know what laws apply to recording in a SCIF or any legal liability she has there?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Omarosa asserts to @KatyTurNBC that President Trump knew about the forthcoming leak of Clinton emails before they were leaked.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1029431749388976128
    Let me guess; another thing she "knows" but has no proof of?

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    WTF? Are you compelled to do this? Is it a form of OCD? Brainwashing? "To be fair trump wasn't going to advertise to the world that he hired a shitty asshole on your dime and one must admit he exercised extremely good judgement not to criticize her right away. It was only a few days later that he had a meltdown. I think that's showing real presidential progress."

Yes, Yes it IS argued that he should have known better. He make terrible decisions. Our President is too big an idiot to know better than to hire people like Manafort, Gates, Flynn, Papadopolous, Page, Manigault, Porter, Lewandowski and on and on and on. He admits that he hates his own decision making everytime he attacks Sessions and Rosenstein.

Some of these things are not defensible, yet you will always stand up to protect your guy. It's a shame to see this compulsion. Are you incapable of controlling yourself? Do you simply like to banter here? Are you so personally invested in trump that an attack on him feels like an attack on you? What's going on here?
    My my, you certainly are an angry little man today. Receive some bad news that old white men aren't dying fast enough for you?