Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ your net neutrality - Senate democrats just suicided themselves -

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is from the Media Bias site:
    What media bias site did you use?

Does it have media bias in the title? Because that's the only way to know for sure...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Um, they link to the white paper. Is this fake news too? Will Obama disavow?

https://graphics.axios.com/pdf/PlatformPolicyPaper.pdf
    In time4fun's defense, Mark Warner is, indeed, an idiot. I wouldn't take anything he said or wrote seriously.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    In time4fun's defense, Mark Warner is, indeed, an idiot. I wouldn't take anything he said or wrote seriously.
    Yeah, I actually concede this point. I just can't imagine how any American in their right mind could advocate internet regulation on the scale of China or the EU (now).

TIME4FUN CAN WE AT LEAST AGREE ON THAT?!?!?
    Last edited by Amerek; 08-08-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Um, they link to the white paper. Is this fake news too? Will Obama disavow?

https://graphics.axios.com/pdf/PlatformPolicyPaper.pdf
    That's not the point.

The point here is: garbage in, garbage out. You have to stay away from sites like this. If you're not critically examining your sources, if your only check is "Do I like what they're saying?", then you're building an ideological foundation on fantasy.

You owe it to yourself to be better than that. And our political system is currently bending and warping under the strain of the damage these sites are doing to our democracy.

Our country can't afford this. It really can't.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-09-2018 at 08:34 AM.

That's not the point.

The point here is: garbage in, garbage out. You have to stay away from sites like this. If you're not critically examining your sources, if your only check is "Do I like what they're saying?", then you're building an ideological foundation on fantasy.

You owe it to yourself to be better than that. And our political system is currently bending and warping under the strain of the damage these sites are doing to our democracy.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Double-post
    Last edited by Amerek; 08-09-2018 at 11:32 AM.

That's not the point.

I recognize that ZeroHedge is a biased website (garbage in/garbage out). CNN is biased too (garbage in/garbage out). I am OK with that - you're never going to fully get rid of it from *any* website or news source.

The point is that they linked a primary source - the leaked document itself. In it, the senator explicitly advocates for internet regulation like they are adopting in the EU and is currently practiced in China. In my opinion, this is a direct attack on freedom of speech. And coming from the party that is supposed to actually care about internet freedom (i.e. with issues like net neutrality), it's repulsive.

EDIT: As an aside, social media and internet companies outright banning conservatives is entirely un-democratic. The solution is more voices, not less - that's what democracy is all about imho, Vishra. Even Infowars.
    Last edited by Amerek; 08-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.

That's not the point.

You really are the master of accusing other people of doing what you’re guilty of.

Blog Entries

That's not the point.

Our country can't afford to have people that think there's more than 2 genders, it really can't. It causes gigo.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

That's not the point.

Speaking of media corporations that are warping our democracy:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...andal-democrat

If you’re a politician with “D” at the end of your name, it grants you certain privileges from an all too friendly press. They go easy on you in interviews, give you the benefit of the doubt, and if you’re ever charged or convicted of a serious crime, they’ll mostly ignore it. This double standard was on full display Wednesday when New York GOP Congressman Chris Collins was arrested for alleged insider trading.

In all on Wednesday night, the liberal broadcast networks of ABC, CBS, and NBC dedicated a combined 7 minutes and 26 seconds on Collins’s arrest. ABC’s World News Tonight spent the most time with two minutes, 50 seconds. CBS Evening News came in second with a total of two minutes and 37 seconds, while NBC Nightly News brought up the rear with one minute and 59 seconds.

The accusations against Collins were serious and deserved to be covered fully. But this coverage exposed a blatant double standard by the liberal networks. On two notable occasions, the three major broadcast networks had either downplayed charges of corruption against Democrats or ignored the legal proceedings altogether.

In the summer of 2016, Florida Democratic Congresswoman Corrine Brown was indicted on 24 federal charges in connection to a “fraudulent education charity” she was running. At the time, the networks ignored it. And in May of 2017, when she was finally convicted on those charges, the three networks were also nowhere to be seen. The networks were also out to lunch when she was sentenced to five years in prison.

So, let’s recap: The liberal networks spent over seven minutes on just the arrest of a Republican House member, but spent zero time on the indictment through the sentencing of a Democrat. What a blatant double standard. But of course, they all made sure to note that Collins was one of the first members of Congress to endorse President Trump in the presidential election.

In another similar instance, the networks downplayed the July 2015 indictment of Pennsylvania Congressman Chaka Fattah (D) on racketeering and conspiracy charges linked to the misuse of campaign funds and federal grant money. CBS Evening News gave it a scant 22 seconds. NBC Nightly News gave it 30 seconds and had to mention that Fattah was married to a news anchor at the local NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, NBC 10. When Fattah was convicted in the summer of 2016, those networks didn’t say a word.

“In fact, the networks barely covered the entire year-and-a-half from the indictment to the conviction and sentencing of Chaka Fattah (July 2015 to December 2016). CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows only managed to mention the scandal for just over a minute (68 seconds) combined,” stated the Media Research Center’s Mike Ciandella at the time. “Meanwhile, ABC morning and evening news never gave the ordeal any coverage. Fattah, who had been in Congress for 21 years, was convicted on federal corruption charges.”

One more recap: The network with the least coverage of Collins’ arrest was NBC with one minute, 59 seconds (for one evening). NBC and CBS combined had just over a minute of Fattah coverage over the course of a year and a half. Meanwhile, ABC had nothing on Fattah and the most on Collins (nearly three minutes).

With this kind of favorable media treatment, it clearly pays to be a Democrat.