Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ your net neutrality - Senate democrats just suicided themselves -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    True. These proposals are much worse.
    There's a fair amount of overreach coupled with a generalized 'I don't understand how the internet works', sure. I can't really say I'm against cracking down on bots and scams though, but I'm in the middle of trying to get several hundred dollars worth of fraudulent charges to my parents' credit cards overturned.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I can't really say I'm against cracking down on bots and scams though
    Social media isn't exactly happy with bots or scams either and they've been trying to do something about them for years. I don't think the government getting involved is going to help at all.

3. Default

We need to get rid of all the bots before they capsize Guam.

1) The average issue voter has no idea what Net neutrality is really about (think about how Fake News started).

2) Once word of this gets out (and esp. if the democrats are stupid enough to push internet regulation), any illusion that they support something that could be called "net neutrality" will completely vanish.

Zerohedge is certainly biased toward personal freedom, reduced gov't regulation, and anarcho-dystopian conspiracy. Just so happens I agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Yeah...this.

Amerek sweetie- WHY are you reading publications like this? It's a fake news site.

A good rule here is:

A) if a story seems insane- go try to verify it with reputable publications. If no one but a Zero Hedge or Palmer Report is talking about it then it's almost assuredly made up.

B) If you've never heard of a publication, ignore it. It's like buying medication from an online pharmacy in Nigeria. Yeah, maybe you're going to get something real. But eventually you're going to get poison.

This is from the Media Bias site:

In a quote from the above New Yorker article they summarize the political stance of the blog, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft.”

Zero Hedge’s content has been classified as “alt-right” and has been criticized for presenting conspiracy theories.

In review, Zero Hedge publishes pro-right wing/Trump articles such as Pat Buchanan: “Trump Calls Off Cold War II.” As well as fake news stories regarding liberals: Anti-Trump Protesters Bused Into Austin, Chicago.
    It's not even just fake news- it appears to be a Russian propaganda site based in Bulgaria.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-08-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    B) If you've never heard of a publication, ignore it. It's like buying medication from an online pharmacy in Nigeria.
    I'm glad you and Trump have common ground in believing that Nigeria is a shit hole.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-08-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah...this.

Amerek sweetie- WHY are you reading publications like this? It's a fake news site.

A good rule here is:

A) if a story seems insane- go try to verify it with reputable publications. If no one but a Zero Hedge or Palmer Report is talking about it then it's almost assuredly made up.

B) If you've never heard of a publication, ignore it. It's like buying medication from an online pharmacy in Nigeria. Yeah, maybe you're going to get something real. But eventually you're going to get poison.
    Or option C.

C) If Time4fun is speaking, ignore it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I'm glad you and Trump have common ground in believing that Nigeria is a shit hole.
    I think the word you're looking for is: unregulated.

Um, they link to the white paper. Is this fake news too? Will Obama disavow?

https://graphics.axios.com/pdf/PlatformPolicyPaper.pdf

I think the word you're looking for is: unregulated.
    An unregulated shit hole, sorry.