Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show me your buffed 917 and 519

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I'm strongly considering putting the extra spell ranks into Wizard vs MjE. Anyone know if 514(stone fist) works on flying creatures? I've had great success using 514 vs 410/512/912 as an opener.
    Unless you're really pushing hard for enchanting, 1x wizard is more than enough for a strong 917, and you still won't have any trouble with most 7x enchanting projects.

You don't want to gimp your MjE CS because you're still going to need Mana Leech if nothing else.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-10-2018 at 03:46 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Don't suppose you could post a string of 519?
    "Freedom for those who fought for it, is a taste the protected will never know" -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by spraggeth View Post
    Don't suppose you could post a string of 519?
    I'm not trained for Immolation. Level 72, 44 ranks of minor elemental, 72 ranks of major elemental, and 65 ranks of wizard circle with 23 ranks of Fire Lore. This is me casting in offensive with one hand open:

inc 519
    You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
    Your spell is ready.
    You channel at a shrickhen.
    CS: +375 - TD: +344 + CvA: +25 + d100: +99 == +155
    Warding failed!
    Wisps of black smoke swirl around a shrickhen and he bursts into flame causing 39 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Right arm scorched so bad it might as well be gone.
    The shrickhen is stunned!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to left leg burns skin bright red.
    The flames around a shrickhen continue to burn!
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    [Script]>A shrickhen wavers back and forth, almost falling.
    [Script]>inc 519
    You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
    Your spell is ready.
    CS: +375 - TD: +344 + CvA: +25 + d100: +51 == +107
    Warding failed!
    Wisps of black smoke swirl around a shrickhen and he bursts into flame causing 25 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Flames cook a shrickhen's chest. Looks about medium well.
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Flames engulf head searing hair and scalp. Sickening!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to left hand burns fingers bright red.
    [Script]>inc 519
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    [Script]>inc 519
    Your spell is ready.
    CS: +375 - TD: +344 + CvA: +25 + d100: +96 == +152
    Warding failed!
    Wisps of black smoke swirl around a shrickhen and he bursts into flame causing 59 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Right leg horribly scorched. Won't be usable for weeks.
    A shrickhen is knocked sprawling to the ground and he grasps his mangled right leg!

... 10 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to back toasts skin nicely.
    ... 5 points of damage!
    Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.
    [Script]>inc 519
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    [Script]>inc 519
    Your spell is ready.
    CS: +375 - TD: +344 + CvA: +25 + d100: +69 == +125
    Warding failed!
    Wisps of black smoke swirl around a shrickhen and he bursts into flame causing 39 points of damage!
    A shrickhen's arms, legs and head separate from his torso as the dissimilar parts collapse in a heap.
    A shrickhen glances around, looking a bit less confident.
    The bright luminescence fades from around a shrickhen.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around a shrickhen.

So 76 mana for one kill. Not great. Steam bolt knocks shit out of the park in fewer casts and uses like 85% less mana.

519 is just so fucking inexcusably bad for 19 mana in a Major circle

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    519 is just so fucking inexcusably bad for 19 mana in a Major circle
    Yeah, it's complete trash. I literally can't think of a single time I've used it from 0-72 other than just messing around or for something like this. It's a waste of a spell slot.

Yes and it breaks my heart. 950 is killer but sad they made it so we can't really CS.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "Freedom for those who fought for it, is a taste the protected will never know" -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by spraggeth View Post
    Yes and it breaks my heart. 950 is killer but sad they made it so we can't really CS.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    it still blows my fucking mind that neither weapon fire nor stone fist were addressed in the ELR. Both of those spells are pretty fucking close to being decent, or at least usable without being completely embarrassing.

not to mention that lol "buff" for standstorm. "now you can do 10 damage like, 5 seconds sooner!"
    Last edited by Donquix; 08-14-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

What's embarrassing is that you guys can still bolt harder, and potentially gain a CS higher than us without an enhancement... but we got enough to let us get along

The CS isn't the big deal....it is just that it isn't good for anything. Sorcerer's have great bolts. 705 and 713 are both great IMO. I use them on my capped decently enough. Only thing I hate is that curse of the star is stupid to keep up IMO.

Nothing kills like a sorcerer at cap. My wife's capped sorc destroys with 717 on almost everything at cap. For the undead 711 is insanely powerful. For stuff that are hard to ward then bolts or focused 720. They are so good. I'm not saying that bolts are super powerful, I am just saying the recent update made it so they really have no choice but to bolt only because they have no viable spells.