Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Claids Be Enchanted Further Using HESS?

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Pretty sure the rule was claids were ineligible for HESS certificates
    I have heard that claids cannot be player enchanted or player ensorcelled.

I have heard that claids can be enchanted with PP.

I have also heard that claids COULD be HESS enchanted.
    I have heard that claid COULD have scripted flares (rotflares and Blink flares - maybe other scripted flares)
    I have heard that claids can have banes added to them (undead, extraplanar, etc)

I am not certain though, as I have never tried any of that. Does anyone have personal experience that any of these can be added to claids

I am just trying to determine what is possible.

Vendon

"I was just informed that with the exception of enchant and partial enchants, Claidhmores, Katanas and Naginatas are not eligible for ANY of the High End Scrip Shop services. I was also informed that this was a hard line against those weapon types and not the weapon properties themselves, i.e. Masterfully Crit weighted Mauls or other superior weapons would be just fine."

Maybe you can enchant them I guess

3. Default

So... from personal experience, no flares, not even scripted ones. Yes you can change with HESS certs. And yes, you can add banes.

For example, i now own a 5x (+25) eahnor claid with extraplanar bane. I was denied permabless because of holy water flares, but i was allowed the enchant.
    Last edited by Ltlprprincess; 08-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    So... from personal experience, no flares, not even scripted ones. Yes you can change with HESS certs. And yes, you can add banes.

For example, i now own a 5x (+25) eahnor claid with extraplanar bane. I was denied permabless because of holy water flares, but i was allowed the enchant.
    So, what has been your experience with that awesome claid? Are you a warrior? Is it your primary weapon? What is your hunting strategy when using it?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vendon View Post
    So, what has been your experience with that awesome claid? Are you a warrior? Is it your primary weapon? What is your hunting strategy when using it?
    Awesome. Yes. Yes. Kill all the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    Awesome. Yes. Yes. Kill all the things.
    Pointy end in the other man!

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Pointy end in the other man!
    Seems like a dubious strategy, but I'll take your word for it.

So, would you mstrike the pointy end or open ambush the pointy end?

8. Default

Seems like a dubious strategy, but I'll take your word for it.

So, would you mstrike the pointy end or open ambush the pointy end?
    Yes.

Even against heavily armored, heavily crit padded creatures (such as an endgame paladin might face)

I totally agree that supermauls are the best weapons in the game. However, why does anyone bother crit weighting them if they hit rank 9 crits every time?

I am not trying to be difficult here, I just want to understand why I am doing something. Why bother crit weighting at all if hitting +250 endrolls? Why bother high enchant if you are hitting +250 endrolls?

All of the high end weapons that I have heard of have heavy or better crit weighting. Are mauls chosen simply because of the crush damage for open ambushing?

I find this discussion very interesting, but I feel like I am missing something.

I find this discussion very interesting, but I feel like I am missing something.
    He's a troll, that's what you're missing. Mauls and Lances are fine, as is a Claidhmore. There is a difference when you're swinging +250 and that boils down to what you want to use, a 2H or Pole based weapon. You could use a dagger and rip through creatures at those swinging numbers though so... yeah.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-08-2018 at 10:49 PM.