Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can Claids Be Enchanted Further Using HESS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cutie View Post
    Because of STANCE. If I can stance guard and still want to wreck shit I’m going to need a claid weighted something or other. But with zealot running this is not an issue. hence why zealot and paladins in general are terrible. And don’t listen to Menos, that dude is packing a 10x DB and god knows what else he’s completely out of touch with his own class. Also don’t listen to Methais, I'm very upset that he won't have a gay relationship with me even when I tried to explain what a great power bottom I am.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-09-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Because of STANCE. If I can stance guard and still want to wreck shit I’m going to need a claid weighted something or other. But with zealot running this is not an issue. hence why zealot and paladins in general are terrible. And don’t listen to Menos, that dude is packing a 10x DB and god knows what else he’s completely out of touch with his own class. Also don’t listen to Methais, I'm very upset that he won't have a gay relationship with me even when I tried to explain what a great power bottom I am.

QFT
    Last edited by Vendon; 08-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendon View Post

QFT
    You're fuckin dumb.

Why? Because racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    You're fuckin dumb.
    Noted.

5. Default

The stance thing would make sense, if it wasnt spells and maneuvers that killed you. Seems like you gotta go stanc o and put the thing down, rather than try some chess match at a lower stance.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    The stance thing would make sense, if it wasnt spells and maneuvers that killed you. Seems like you gotta go stanc o and put the thing down, rather than try some chess match at a lower stance.
    That is the point that confuses me. I would think you would want something with crazy crit weighting like a claid to knock the crap out of something (knockdown / stun / kill) before it can get you. A 10x weapon without weighting will not kill something faster than a 4x claid. (unless the creature is immune to crits or something)

I am not sure if the response was more of a knock on paladins in general that a reply about the virutes of high enchanted claids.

A 10x Perfect Lance with ZERO weighting T5 ensorcell, double lore’d up Paladin flares will be superior to a 5x Claid mechanically especially at cap and especially if you are hunting undead as well. Your DF especially with AoA up and lores in Summoning/Religion and Zealot up will give you way more raw damage. Crit weighting will always randomize above somewhat and once you hit max crit rank consistently it doesn’t matter if you are using a 5x Claid or a 2x Dagger in terms of the weighting involved. What will matter is Raw Damage based on DF vs. Armor type.

Throw in the fact that a 10x Perfect Lance T5 is probably 1/4 the price of a 5x Claid and you have your answer.
    Crit weighting doesn't randomize. Even though full weighting is always added for max crit rank determination, the 10x perfect will often outperform the 5x claid but not always, especially at lower endrolls (assuming the attack would have resulted in a minimum rank 1 crit before the weighting activated).

Against plate class armor the 10x perfect lance has a +41 endroll advantage (+25 from the enchant and +16 AvD). The lance also has a .146 DF advantage. When the lance ER is +141 (success margin 41) the claid will still completely miss (endroll 100).

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Vendon View Post
    That is the point that confuses me. I would think you would want something with crazy crit weighting like a claid to knock the crap out of something (knockdown / stun / kill) before it can get you. A 10x weapon without weighting will not kill something faster than a 4x claid. (unless the creature is immune to crits or something)

I am not sure if the response was more of a knock on paladins in general that a reply about the virutes of high enchanted claids.
    A maul hitting the head or neck can guarantee a kill with a high enough endroll. A claidh cannot guarantee a kill anywhere.
    Last edited by Gnomad; 08-19-2018 at 08:15 PM.