Thread: Official: 405 Sneak Peek

Default Official: 405 Sneak Peek

Quote Originally Posted by Viduus
    A sneak peek, for those that weren't around simucon to complain in person about core drop rates.

>prep 405
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >cast stat
    You gesture at a small statue.
    You sense that the statue is a magic item that holds the spell "Spirit Guard" with 4 charges.
    It is a mage rechargeable item.
    You estimate you're skilled enough to push this item to a max of 40 charges in a single session.
    The statue can take a few more sessions, but is showing signs of wear.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>prep 405
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >cast my band
    You gesture at a rune-etched star sapphire band.
    You sense that the band is a magic item that holds the spell "Elemental Defense I" with 61 charges.
    It is a mage empowerable item.
    You determine the star sapphire band can hold an additional 800 charges.
    Given enough time, you feel as though you could push this item to 504 charges.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Viduus
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    As far as I can recall, there's no rechargable or powered item that reaches over 100 charges
    Quote Originally Posted by Viduus
    Time for a paradigm shift?

Viduus
    Assuming the requirements are reasonable...

Last edited by Methais; 08-22-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Assuming the requirements are reasonable...
    You need to combine iridescent cores in the forging vise, with perfect results... 5 times.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You need to combine iridescent cores in the forging vise, with perfect results... 5 times.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Methais clearly posted this in the Wizard folder because you will need 200 ranks in water lore, therefore only wizards will be able to use 405 in this manner. Clearly...

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Methais clearly posted this in the Wizard folder because you will need 200 ranks in water lore, therefore only wizards will be able to use 405 in this manner. Clearly...
    It was mostly for the "mage rechargeable" and "mage empowerable" parts, but other than that, yes.

When I first read this, I was happy, because I thought 405 would finally tell you the spell in a magic item. Looking at it more closely though, it only shows an Arcane spell, and a Minor Elemental spell. So it looks like we might be able to identify known+arcane spells, but will still need a bard for 95% of the items you find, which is disappointing.

If I had to guess, it's going to come with changes to 517 that make magic items work more like scrolls. You'll have magic items that are like SK scrolls/empowerable, and regular scrolls/mage rechargable items.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    When I first read this, I was happy, because I thought 405 would finally tell you the spell in a magic item. Looking at it more closely though, it only shows an Arcane spell, and a Minor Elemental spell. So it looks like we might be able to identify known+arcane spells, but will still need a bard for 95% of the items you find, which is disappointing.

If I had to guess, it's going to come with changes to 517 that make magic items work more like scrolls. You'll have magic items that are like SK scrolls/empowerable, and regular scrolls/mage rechargable items.
    I'm' not getting my hopes up either way. It sounds good so far, but I'm just waiting for the "Oh yeah it also requires this..." which ends up being some completely retarded training requirement and/or shit that drops 0-2 times a year, because that's just how they like to do wizards. See 930 Phase 2 teleport buffs for another non-iridescent core related example with its 75 water lore rank requirement that no other profession has to deal with.

Its hidden in plain sight ... "sessions" will take 7-15 days to complete with a chance of locking the item to your hand. Don't worry, you will be able to free your hand up with special hands free unlock merchants that will frequently visit the lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Spagett.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!