Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post Cap Question

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    MajEl comes in handy for 502 as well. It will stun an Ithzir adept 9/10 times and then I use 904 to see if it has 919 active.

Wouldn't it be more effective to 917 one of them as that will completely ignore 919? Adepts should be perfect candidates for 917.

I find 502/904 saves mana and I like long hunts. Encumbrance is usually not an issue with a 13 item disk, and with 618 active I can hunt until I have a backache without sweating a griffin ride.

Even if I were to use 917 on adepts I would use 502 first for the stun, a fading adept will waste 17 mana. I do use 917 on the seers because they do not stun and they have WoF active most of the time.

Last edited by Askip; 08-10-2018 at 09:30 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    For what it's worth, Immolate will still be garbage. Just slightly less garbage.
    100% accurate. Immo is slightly less garbage now that I swapped to that. Still not sure its as efficient mana wise compared to rapid fire steam for what I hunt since Nelemar is like eating endless cake.
    Elementary my dear Watson!

Steam is strong, and the best thing about it is in the consistency. You get bad rolls / crit ranks with expensive stuff and it just doesn't die and suddenly it's like lol, mana.

Steam is just like bitch you're gonna bleed to death in X +/- 1 cast. And you're gonna like it.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I don't have a capped wizard (my oldest wizard is 48), so take the following with a mound of salt....

If you're worried about being disarmed, why not dump some of the MnE/CMan/etc. ranks, and get some Shield Use training? I imagine using a shield would garner you some more defense, you can get some TD added to it with ensorcelling, and you would never have to worry about being disarmed again.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    I don't have a capped wizard (my oldest wizard is 48), so take the following with a mound of salt....

If you're worried about being disarmed, why not dump some of the MnE/CMan/etc. ranks, and get some Shield Use training? I imagine using a shield would garner you some more defense, you can get some TD added to it with ensorcelling, and you would never have to worry about being disarmed again.
    Not worried over disarm. Actually disarm isn’t much of an issue. When I do get disarmed my RT is very minor. Cut throat was the primary issue.

I thought about going shield but honestly I prefer all the additional magic ranks. After dropping dodge and getting the additional CM ranks for cunning defense I’ve found a good balance. The adjustment in spell ranks helped with Immo and finished my incredibly minor annoyances.
    Last edited by Sherlock; 08-10-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    Elementary my dear Watson!