Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Cap Question

I ran 101/101/101 when I had my mage and it served me really well. The extra DS (and especially TD) from 430 was great. This was pre-Immo nerf too. I liked being able to use any of the circles effectively - granted this would have been a problem in the Scatter, but worked great in OTF/Nelemar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I could have gone for less but I like the balance. I guess I could have dumped the extra 25 ranks into MjE or Wizard. I thought the consensus in the community was 101*3 was just as favorable as the standard 76MnE, 126 MjE, 101 Wizard. I could be completely off base though!
    The adjustment is up to you, but I wouldn't 101 in MnE. You have a ton of water and fire lore, so I would either put it into MjE for extra CS on 512 and 516, or put it into Wiz for the added power to 917. Either option gives you a lot of power. You get instant crit kills easily with 126 Wiz and that much fire / ice lore or you can get some very strong combination attacks with 512 + fire (for the steam activation) or freeze feature of 512 on targets with significant HP.

Though, it's likely that your steam bolt just obliterates things, and makes it trivial to use anything else.

3. Default

I'll look into dropping MnE especially since I don't use 415 at all. Pretty much my standard rotation is ewave if there's a lot of critters and just steam to death. I keep rapid fire on the entire time I hunt so it's pretty quick. Granted I only hunt in Nelemar and it's the easiest hunting ground there is. You're right though that it's pretty trivial to use anything else. I get a lot more bang for my buck if I just use steam. Quick snippet below:

Code:
    A triton radical thrusts with a corroded bronze scaling fork at you!
      AS: +414 vs DS: +480 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +27 = -22
       A clean miss.
    >inc 903
    Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Water...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a triton radical.
    You hurl a seething blast of steam at a triton radical!
      AS: +559 vs DS: +286 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +18 = +335
       ... and hit for 128 points of damage!
       Over exposure to hot steam leaves neck feeling stiff.

** Your thick rowan runestaff flares with a burst of flame! **

... 3 points of damage!
       Minor burns to left arm.  That hurts a bit.
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
    >inc 903
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a triton radical.
    You hurl a seething blast of steam at a triton radical!
      AS: +568 vs DS: +281 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +61 = +392
       ... and hit for 171 points of damage!
       An accurate strike renders the triton radical's right leg to a steaming lump of flesh!
       A triton radical falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
    The triton radical gurgles once and goes still, a wrathful look on his face.
    The dully illuminated mantle protecting a triton radical begins to falter, then completely fades away.
    A white glow rushes away from a triton radical.
    The dull golden nimbus fades from around a triton radical.
    The brilliant aura fades away from a triton radical.
    The very powerful look leaves a triton radical.
    The white light leaves a triton radical.
    The warm glow fades from around a triton radical.
    A triton radical seems slightly different.
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
    >inc 903
    Wait 1 sec.
    >inc 903
    A spectral triton defender thrusts with a lackluster blue steel harpoon at you!
    Amazingly, you manage to parry the attack with your runestaff!
    >
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a spectral triton defender.
    You hurl a seething blast of steam at a spectral triton defender!
      AS: +559 vs DS: +253 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +71 = +399
       ... and hit for 121 points of damage!
       Hard strike shatters arm into vapor.
       The arm reforms before your eyes!
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
    >inc 903
    Your spell is ready.
      AS: +568 vs DS: +239 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +38 = +389
       ... and hit for 121 points of damage!
       Strong assault amputates the leg at the knee.
       It floats in the air a moment before drifting back into place!
       The triton defender is knocked to the ground!
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
    >inc 903
    Wait 1 sec.
    >inc 903
    Your spell is ready.
      AS: +577 vs DS: +165 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +89 = +523
       ... and hit for 189 points of damage!
       The triton defender's head is split cleanly in two, but reseals from the neck up!
    The spectral form of the triton defender tenses in agony as he begins to dissolve from the bottom up!
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
    >
    Elementary my dear Watson!

127 MjE / 75 MnE / 101 Wiz is currently the way to go imo. MjE is only 13 short of max CS while still having a very strong 917 and other wizard rank based spells + easy enchants.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    127 MjE / 75 MnE / 101 Wiz is currently the way to go imo. MjE is only 13 short of max CS while still having a very strong 917 and other wizard rank based spells + easy enchants.
    Thanks. I have another fixskills pot so I'll give that a go. Should make immo better since right now its straight garbage when I cast it. Not worth the 19 mana compared to 3 casts of steam at the moment.
    Elementary my dear Watson!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Thanks. I have another fixskills pot so I'll give that a go. Should make immo better since right now its straight garbage when I cast it. Not worth the 19 mana compared to 3 casts of steam at the moment.
    For what it's worth, Immolate will still be garbage. Just slightly less garbage.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    last time I saw that was before the 415 nerf when it was the goto. wanted to keep mje level for leech CS, wiz level for enchant, but keep mne for abusing the double strike 415. I think now most people are back to overtraining mje if they're sticking with immolate or wiz for 917 / enchant (i'm doing 75 / 100 / 128 myself). Honestly i don't think it matters for wizards much anymore and that 101/101/101 is so satisfying to look at.
    What and when was the 415 nerf?

During HSN 2015, 415 had a fire lore bonus added of:

The following update has been made to Elemental Strike (415).

Training in Elemental Lore, Fire provides a chance equal to the caster's Elemental Lore Fire skill / 2 to hit a second target in the room, with an additional cost of 5 mana.

Enjoy!

GameMaster Cyraex

It was intended to hit a 2nd creature in the room, but was double hitting the same target if no other creature. It was an acknowledged (beneficial) bug that was postponed in fixing until other wizard updates went live.

...Elemental Strike (415) will be adjusted, but not until we've also released at 4 other wizard spell updates, including an updated attack spell, a potent defensive spell, and 2 level 50 spells. We're also going to be opening up the Test server to players with instant migration enabled for you to try various training paths. (Emphasis added.)...

https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_lo...rike_.28415.29

Also, the "nerf" was rectifying an unintended consequence of making a minor elemental (shared) containing one of the more powerful and effective hunting spells for wizards causing some temporary builds where ranks were dumped in that circle for max CS.

Major elemental and wizard ranks are the unique circles and 500s especially for hunting, so once more tools and updates were done the crutch was removed. From wiki history, I think it was changed Jan 2017.
    Last edited by Roblar; 08-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.

MajEl comes in handy for 502 as well. It will stun an Ithzir adept 9/10 times and then I use 904 to see if it has 919 active.