Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a scrollworked mithril vambrace

full disclosure:
    You are a Master of Lock Mastery.
    Elemental Lore - Water.............| 151 51

also there is some song of tonis involved in my numbers... the vambrace won't cut your time by 60% by itself, but still a great item none the less

2. Default

I thought I read that the 5 seconds this item takes to detect traps stacks with the "detect trap" roundtime.

If correct then this item:
    - increases time by 5 seconds for each trapped box;
    - allows you to skip the "detect roundtime" for boxes that are not trapped, saving you say 5-10 seconds for each untrapped box.

Seems like a wash since more boxes are trapped than not trapped.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

based on Alastir's stats No Trap 5571 (54.09%) (obviously not using the vambrace):

Given that the detect no trap RT is 15-20 seconds random not modified but water lore or lock mastery... lets call it 16 seconds on average (conservative)
    54% of the time you save 11 seconds, 46 % of the time you spend an extra 5 seconds.

also this is for a rogue.. other people have highlighted other uses (416/407/bash)
    Last edited by adred; 08-08-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Tpick is working with your bracer?

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Tpick is working with your bracer?
    It sure does, I only use the rub part, I didnt have much luck using it to pick the boxes but i didnt try very hard. In the gnomish bracer box in setup enter "vambrace,2" without spaces and it should work
    Last edited by adred; 08-08-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    It sure does, I only use the rub part, I didnt have much luck using it to pick the boxes but i didnt try very hard. In the gnomish bracer box in setup enter "vambrace,2" without spaces and it should work
    Awesome! Thank you! I’ll try this today.

hmmm... downloaded the latest version of tpick and tried that and no go. Didn’t do the trap check. But it attempted to use the picking feature and hung up.

ok, I figured it out. I ended up going into the code and changing this:
    if (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == 2)

to

if (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == "2")

When it did the check it was failing because it was sending a string instead of a number. So I just made the check a string. All good now! Thanks! I'll just have to disable the picking feature now in the code.

(If you measure) Also have to add this to the gnomish_bracers_trap_check function:
    current_box = GameObj.right_hand

and had to edit out the picking part of the gnomish bracer. (unless gnomish_bracer)
    Last edited by Neovik1; 08-17-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: additional info

I'll make an attempt to fix the picking part later.

So I have the picking part with the vambracer working... but not really sure it's worth it since it spams the room and if there are 20 picks in the bracer... it may have to rotate through them all. Yeah... not worth it.