View Poll Results: Will Mueller charge Trump with obstructing justice?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 38.89%
  • No

4 22.22%
  • Yes, with tacos

7 38.89%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Trump obstruct justice?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    How is it obstruction of justice, when every single person you just cited works for him and he can fire them without cause, whenever he wants? And Sessions should never have recused himself and Rosenstein should recuse himself. The DOJ has some very serious issues that need to be addressed or what little faith in the system that remains will be lost, forever.
    Firing Comey to try and end the FBI investigation is obstruction of justice. SCOTUS has ruled that the president is not above the law. Now unless you have something to suggest that all these former FBI officials, attorney generals, prosecutors, and lawyers are wrong about Trump's obstructions I'd be happy to hear you out.

And Sessions should never have recused himself and Rosenstein should recuse himself.
    Huh? Sessions was a part of the campaign, and he lied about his contacts. Sessions has come out multiple times and said he had to recuse.

How can you lead an investigation into a campaign that you were a part of?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Firing Comey to try and end the FBI investigation is obstruction of justice. SCOTUS has ruled that the president is not above the law. Now unless you have something to suggest that all these former FBI officials, attorney generals, prosecutors, and lawyers are wrong about Trump's obstructions I'd be happy to hear you out.
    Now we just need to prove that Trump fired Comey to end the FBI investigation, because as we all know the FBI is run by 2 dudes in a garage so if one of them gets fired the other guy can't possibly keep up with all of the investigations.

How is it obstruction of justice, when every single person you just cited works for him and he can fire them without cause, whenever he wants? And Sessions should never have recused himself and Rosenstein should recuse himself. The DOJ has some very serious issues that need to be addressed or what little faith in the system that remains will be lost, forever.
    Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions insists his recusal from any investigation into Russian collusion in last year’s election was simple: It’s the law.

In an opening statement before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, Sessions cited a Department of Justice regulation that he said mandated him stepping aside.
    The regulation, 28 CFR 45.2, notes that a Justice Department employee shall not participate in a “criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with … an elected official, a candidate (whether or not successful) for elective, public office, a political party, or a campaign organization.”

“I recused myself not because of any asserted wrongdoing on my part during the campaign,” Sessions said. “But because a Department of Justice regulation, 28 CFR 45.2, required it.”
    “That regulation states, in effect, that department employees should not participate in investigations of a campaign if they have served as a campaign advisor,” said Sessions.
    Throughout much of the 2016 election, Sessions served as a senior advisor to Trump’s campaign.
    It's no mystery why Sessions recused himself. He told you himself why he did it. Trump encouraging him to un-recuse, threatening to fire him over it and even now telling him he should kill the investigation from which he's recused is all adding up to obstruction.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Now we just need to prove that Trump fired Comey to end the FBI investigation, because as we all know the FBI is run by 2 dudes in a garage so if one of them gets fired the other guy can't possibly keep up with all of the investigations.
    Is that you, Rudy Giuliani?

I don't think Tgo knows about the Lester Holt interview and the meeting with the Russians in the Oval Office.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    It's no mystery why Sessions recused himself. He told you himself why he did it. Trump encouraging him to un-recuse, threatening to fire him over it and even now telling him he should kill the investigation from which he's recused is all adding up to obstruction.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
    And exactly what crime was Trump accused of committing during the election? Sessions recused himself because he is a gutless turd and did not want the scrutiny, why Trump ever appointed him to be the AG is beyond me, he needed a pitbull and he got a yorkie.
    Last edited by kutter; 08-02-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    I don't think Tgo knows about the Lester Holt interview and the meeting with the Russians in the Oval Office.
    Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Enlighten me.
    That's not possible. Google is still feel to all.

10. Default

Tgo said he does his own research too..