Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambush RT - couple of questions

Default Ambush RT - couple of questions

Greetings all -

Having a blast playing my Rogue. Love Two Weapon Combat and have really enjoy Sunfist.

So One thing I just am struggling with and can't quite get.

I have Brig and am approaching 30 ranks. But even when I had 30 ranks before I still had an additional penalty to my ambushing time. It is currently at 7 RT but that of course includes 2 weapons.

With that being said, is there an armor I should train towards where I can get that second back or should I just stop at 30 ranks and keep brig because it only gets worse?

Also, I don't see myself training in spells - so eventually, redux will be strong for me. (have another account with minor elemental that can take care of this)

(another game mechanic question)

Stamina - is there a cap for stamina? it seems to go up a couple of points every level currently for me.

Armor is not the only factor in your RT. What weapon classes are you swinging? What is the weight of your weapons?

The TWC RT formula is here: https://gswiki.play.net/Melee_roundtime
    The stamina formula is here: https://gswiki.play.net/Stamina

I wear chain and like it, but plenty of rogues prefer the ease of hiding in rigid leather.

Blog Entries

My rogue is in MBP because it looks hawt.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Armor doesnt apply to hiding. Armored stealth gains more bonus in lower armors but it's ridiculous to train armor and not wear it.

Rogues in full plate with 3x hiding (post-cap) hide perfectly well and shrug off hits if they are caught in the open.

My rogue went brig + twc, hauberk + snipe, and now plate + uac. Fun class with a lot of flexibility.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I personally wouldn't skimp on armor just because of better effect from armored stealth or evasion or what not. Full plate is #1.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

My first thought is you are using two heavy class rated OHE weapons, but 7 seconds is an odd spot to end at so you are either using a strange combo or you are having a huge brain fart and forgot to check you encumbrance level.

@Nordred

I am using a falchion and a longsword. The Longsword does add a second round time in my left hand. If it is in my right hand, it turns to 9 seconds. Both are under 4 pounds (I think Longsword is 4 and Falchion is 3).

I always thought it was the Brig causing my RT to go up. I just have some basic 4x Brig.

I am almost up to 2 mil so I may start buying some better equipment. Also, at 27 trainings in armor.

Okay, so the formula for TWC RT, as noted on the page I linked above, is:

TWCBaseSpeed = RightBaseSpeed + min(LeftBaseSpeed - 2, 0) + min(WeightPenalty, 0)

The base speed of a falchion is 5. The base speed of a longsword is 4. So that's (5 + (4-2)) = 7 right there. I'd need to see your stats to know exactly what's factoring into your final RT, but you probably have AGI and DEX giving you a speed offset to bring you down to 6, and then ambush is bringing you right back up to 7 again.

tl;dr: if you want to swing faster, replace your longsword with a short sword.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...25#post2031225

Above is a link to my level 20 stats. I will start looking for a short sword. Is there any way or at any point this with drop down to 5.....Sorry I am lacking a little intelligence in this.

Dropping ambushing RT down to 5 is going to be difficult, because no matter what your stats are there are minimum speeds for all weapon types. You would need to have a TWC base RT of 3 seconds or less to manage it. That means a right-hand weapon with a base RT of 3 or less (short sword, main gauche, rapier, dagger) and a left-hand weapon with a base RT of 2 or less (main gauche, rapier, dagger).
    Last edited by petroglyph; 07-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.