Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889

Thread: Manafort

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    Zero connection to actual post in your response so let's continue this in saying the Packers are garbage and they won't win today. [Stamp of Approval]
    The packers are garbage. Doesn't matter if they win or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Who is going to flip first, Don Jr or Kushner? My money is on the latter.
    If Mueller has to choose, I'm guessing he'll try to flip Kushner first.

But- assuming he has something on both of them- I wouldn't be surprised to see his team roll out everything about the Trumps at once. If he goes for one of them first- it makes it much more likely Trump will react and fire Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    If Mueller has to choose, I'm guessing he'll try to flip Kushner first.

But- assuming he has something on both of them- I wouldn't be surprised to see his team roll out everything about the Trumps at once. If he goes for one of them first- it makes it much more likely Trump will react and fire Mueller.
    I'd say that his very last move will be on the trump family. Once he pulls that trigger all hell's going to break loose, his investigation will be shut down and this thing will move into a hellacious partisan congressional battle. I also don't think Kushner or Trump Jr. will ultimately get touched by any of this. Not because they don't necessarily deserve it, but because it'd be too brutal. They'll deal or pardon or somehow avoid them getting destroyed through the justice system.

BTW: Wasn't Guiliani going to destroy Mueller this month? Unload like a ton of bricks? Did I miss the unloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post

I'm not bitter. It's more that you guys don't say anything that is relevant so if folks play your troll game it might make you realize this is a waste of time for all of us, cause, you know, it is. It's funny when people try to explain anything and you can sum up responses with a Wrathbringer quote just about everytime.

This video is in honor of 40B.
    That's racist.

#cocaine

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I'd say that his very last move will be on the trump family. Once he pulls that trigger all hell's going to break loose, his investigation will be shut down and this thing will move into a hellacious partisan congressional battle. I also don't think Kushner or Trump Jr. will ultimately get touched by any of this. Not because they don't necessarily deserve it, but because it'd be too brutal. They'll deal or pardon or somehow avoid them getting destroyed through the justice system.

BTW: Wasn't Guiliani going to destroy Mueller this month? Unload like a ton of bricks? Did I miss the unloading?
    Well the entire investigation ended on Sept 1st. Giuliani said so multiple times.

As far as them not getting touched by this- I definitely see your point, but I'm not entirely sure I think the same thing.

Putting aside the Trump Foundation issues as well as the potential Trump Org issues, the obvious thing they're both on the hook for is the Trump Tower meeting. Just accepting that meeting was a violation of Federal law, and there's already enough public evidence at this point to demonstrate that Trump Jr, at least, broke the law willingly and intentionally. He set the meeting up with full knowledge of what it was and proceeded to try to cover it up afterwards.

Between that Trump Tower meeting email and Manafort's cooperation, they likely don't need Trump Jr or Kushner to prosecute that meeting (if they so choose). It's also unthinkable that Manafort doesn't have the knowledge/evidence that Trump was fully aware of what was going on.

And it seems like Mueller has enough witnesses for the misleading press release Trump dictated about the whole event after the fact, if they want to use that for obstruction. He likely doesn't need Trump Jr or Kushner.

I actually can see Kushner flipping and potentially providing some really important evidence, but between Manafort, Cohen, and Flynn- I suspect they probably have most of what they need to build a case for collusion (if, in fact, there's evidence enough to warrant it).

I don't necessarily think Trump Jr is going to flip on his father, and I actually don't know if Mueller is going to be interested in giving any of the Trump family a pass unless they've got stuff that Mueller's team couldn't get any other way. And, again, I'm not sure how much more would be there that A) Manafort, Cohen, and Flynn weren't already aware of and B) that was necessary for the case (assuming there is one).

If they broke the law and coordinated with Russia for this election, part of what Mueller's team has to factor in here is the interests of justice. Giving the Trump family a pass if they were integral to this may not be viewed well.

Put shortly- they were willing to see Manafort get 10 years in prison. (minimum) I have a hard time thinking someone like Trump Jr is going to get off easier than that if there is evidence he committed serious crimes.

8. Default

Junior and Kushner are definitely not going to get a pass from Mueller. Junior is too stupid but I think Ivanka will push her husband to cooperate, if he's not doing so already.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Junior and Kushner are definitely not going to get a pass from Mueller. Junior is too stupid but I think Ivanka will push her husband to cooperate, if he's not doing so already.

10. Default

I also agree with empty wheel that Mueller is going to issue his report via speaking indictments.