Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    After three full days of deliberations the jury has not returned a verdict. What this means is a subject of considerable debate.

What I don't understand is why the jury isn't sequestered.
    That would prevent media tampering with the jury.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I see. You are not answering my question because I am asking/quoting incorrectly. I can see that I read between the lines too much and that was not fair to you. I won't rephrase or ask again.
    You can't see the forest for the trees or your on serious mental issues when you look in the mirror. You find it funny to grill me on a question when not answered to your liking yet consistently, repeatedly and very predictably won't answer anyone else's clear and concise questions. So, perhaps you should consider your double standard hypocrisywolf.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

After three full days of deliberations the jury has not returned a verdict. What this means is a subject of considerable debate.

Honestly, we're talking about 18 counts of highly complex financial crimes here. Plus there was a LOT of evidence Ellis refused to let the Prosecution admit during the trial that the Jury wasn't given access to until deliberations began. This is all pretty typical- you would expect a good 5-6 days of deliberations in a situation like this.

It's totally possible there's a single holdout, but the reality is that quick deliberations tend to be better for the defense. Longer deliberations tend to be better for the prosecution.

If I'm Manafort's defense team, I'm not feeling great right now. Of course, they're going to continue to try to paint this as a good sign for them- as there's no real downside. (Aside from the potential ethics violations that most certainly won't be followed up on)

No one knows why they weren't sequestered. The way Ellis ran this case is honestly cringe worthy.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-20-2018 at 11:36 PM.

They haven't finished reading this thread yet. Once they're all caught up, they should have a decision.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

The question was phrased oddly but it sounds like they jury has a consensus on all but 1 count.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    The question was phrased oddly but it sounds like they jury has a consensus on all but 1 count.
    Yeah, today's not a good day for Manafort- though, in general, he's been pretty short on those lately.

And he's going to be facing a far less sympathetic Judge next.

It's really hard to figure out exactly what his play is right now. I mean, it's possible that he's just enough of a megalomaniac that he genuinely couldn't accept that, no matter how this all turned out, it was going to end with years in prison (probably decades). But, if nothing else, Manafort is big on survival.

I suppose it's possible the he wanted to wait this all out just to see, but it's costing him an immense amount of money that he really doesn't have right now. "Wait and see" is incredibly expensive when you're facing dozens of counts in multiple jurisdictions.

He's not the type to die on his sword for someone else- so he's not doing this to defend Trump.

The notion that he's waiting for a Pardon from Trump is on the tawdry side, but it's one of the few things that makes sense. Unless he has some plan to flee the country- which is really hard to do when you're incarcerated.

7. Default

I think he's counting on a pardon(s) from Trump.

8. Default

Hung jury on 10 counts, verdicts about to be announced on the other 8.

GUILTY (on at least one count)
    Last edited by Androidpk; 08-21-2018 at 04:37 PM.

8 guilty today, another trial next month and the chance for a re-trial on the other ten.

Bad day for trumplandia

10. Default

Found guilty on 8 charges, hung jury on 10.

BOOM goes the dynamite

5 charges of tax fraud, 1 charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, 2 counts of bank fraud.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 08-21-2018 at 04:41 PM.