Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

Fascinating. Russian Intelligence with their hands directly in the illegal foreign back accounts of a campaign manager for a US Presidential candidate.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-07-2018 at 10:09 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Fascinating. Russian Intelligence with their hands directly in the illegal foreign back accounts of a campaign manager for a US Presidential candidate.
    A campaign manager on the brink of financial disaster, willing to work for Trump for free. Total nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So.. this still has absolutely nothing to do with President Trump.

Shocker.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

And Mr. Manafort told the accountants that he had no foreign bank accounts, although prosecutors claim that millions of dollars flowed through his accounts in Cyprus and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Late last week, out of the jury’s hearing, Judge T.S. Ellis III of the United States District Court in Alexandria said prosecutors had proved both that Mr. Manafort personally denied that those accounts existed and that he controlled them.
    I am interested to see if they connect these dots or if it's also a nothing burger. Pruitt's gone, Zinke's in hot water and I hope Ross is the next swamp creature to get scrutinized. This Forbes article is a start.

Ross was appointed vice-chairman at the bank after his investment in 2014, a post he shared with a deposit holder-turned-shareholder, Vladimir Strzhalkovsky, referred to in Russian media as a former KGB official and Putin ally. According to the bank’s annual reports, the two attended two board meetings together in 2014 and as many as five together in 2015 before Strzhalkovsky’s May 2015 resignation from the board. One of the questions that has been posed to Ross by Democratic senators is whether he ever had contact with Strzhalkovsky.
    One of Ross’s first big decisions at the bank was the appointment of former Deutsche Bank chief executive Josef Ackermann as chairman, whom he chose in part because of Ackermann’s “huge Rolodex”, according to a 2014 Bloomberg interview.ARTICLE

5. Default

Gates testifies Paul Manafort wanted him to use his position with Trump campaign to give a lender a favor -- maybe even cabinet position
    Paul Manafucked. womp womp

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Paul Manafucked. womp womp
    There's definitely a reason why Trump is out in full anti-press hysteria force right now.

7. Default

His deplorables are eating up the anti-media shit he's been spewing.

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media
    The “enemy of the people” talk is working. A plurality of self-identified Republicans say they want Trump to have the power to take “bad” media outlets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    His deplorables are eating up the anti-media shit he's been spewing.

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media
    The “enemy of the people” talk is working. A plurality of self-identified Republicans say they want Trump to have the power to take “bad” media outlets out.
    I saw that. It's really disheartening. There's nothing this man isn't willing to burn to the ground to save his own hide.

The lasting damage this man is doing to our democracy is mounting daily. Hatred of the free press, distrust in our own elections, and a perverted acceptance of colluding with foreign governments to throw our elections their way are all bad for our long-term health.

And there's just no reaching these people. I hate that he's winning this PR war with the world's most cynical political strategy. I know it's only a minority group in this country, but our two party system gives them a LOT of power.

It makes you realize how people like Putin and Mussolini happen. It makes you realize how easily it can happen here.

What gets lost in this avalanche of bad news for trump is that he's got absolute shit for brains when it comes to hiring people. His judgement is TERRIBLE. He hired all these criminals, conspiracy theory nutters, racists, grifters and scammers.

For good or bad, he does such lousy decision-making on the regular that it's difficult for reporters to cover the grand breadth and scope of his incompetence and therein lies the genius.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I saw that. It's really disheartening. There's nothing this man isn't willing to burn to the ground to save his own hide.

The lasting damage this man is doing to our democracy is mounting daily. Hatred of the free press, distrust in our own elections, and a perverted acceptance of colluding with foreign governments to throw our elections their way are all bad for our long-term health.

And there's just no reaching these people. I hate that he's winning this PR war with the world's most cynical political strategy. I know it's only a minority group in this country, but our two party system gives them a LOT of power.

It makes you realize how people like Putin and Mussolini happen. It makes you realize how easily it can happen here.
    Never in a million years did I think we'd live to see this in the U.S.A.