Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think the most Trump would do is commute. If he pardoned him it'd be at the end of his term if he fails reelection.
    I think you're correct on that. I think a commutation would also come at the end of his term. It'd be suicide to do it while the Mueller investigation is going on (and it leaves the door open for Mueller's team to take Trump to Court over it).

One interesting thing about the outcome of this trial: it may actually be very beneficial to Mueller. You've got three options in a mistrial as the Prosecutor: let the charges go (doubtful in this case), go back to Court (very possible), or cut a plea deal.

This may bring Manafort back to the table for a potential plea deal- which is ultimately the point of going after Manafort.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Also risky for Manafort because I'm assuming there are associated state level charges of tax fraud.
    I'm not sure what the laws are in Virginia, but States often (maybe always?) have a double jeopardy clause that prevents them from going after someone for the state version of a Federal crime they've already been tried for. Hence the rampant speculation over the last year or so that Mueller is holding off on some charges so a state like New York can effectively override a Pardon.

Cant wait to see how trump spins this at his rally tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I think you're correct on that. I think a commutation would also come at the end of his term. It'd be suicide to do it while the Mueller investigation is going on (and it leaves the door open for Mueller's team to take Trump to Court over it).

One interesting thing about the outcome of this trial: it may actually be very beneficial to Mueller. You've got three options in a mistrial as the Prosecutor: let the charges go (doubtful in this case), go back to Court (very possible), or cut a plea deal.

This may bring Manafort back to the table for a potential plea deal- which is ultimately the point of going after Manafort.
    You just admitted the point of going after Manafort was to get a plea deal so he would cooperate against Trump? So you admit this is a witch hunt and not about justice? At least now you’re being honest.

I also wonder what legal theory you are operating under where Mueller could take Trump to court for using his constitutional pardon powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You just admitted the point of going after Manafort was to get a plea deal so he would cooperate against Trump? So you admit this is a witch hunt and not about justice? At least now you’re being honest.

I also wonder what legal theory you are operating under where Mueller could take Trump to court for using his constitutional pardon powers.
    Dude, quit lying. WTF

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

This is how criminal conspiracy investigations are handled. Look at the mafia cases and Enron investigation that Mueller handled. Roll 'em up!

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Dude, quit lying. WTF
    I’m going by time4fun’s own words here. Don’t be mad at me because you can’t read.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-21-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    This is how criminal conspiracy investigations are handled. Look at the mafia cases and Enron investigation that Mueller handled. Roll 'em up!
    God he's such a bitch trying to spin this shit. I'm surprised at my ability to feel surprise about tg slavishly defending these fucks but he managed to shock me with that post
    Last edited by cwolff; 08-21-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    God he's such a bitch trying to spin this shit. I'm surprised at my ability to feel surprise about tg slavishly defending these fucks but he managed to shock me with that post
    Who am I defending? This is why you’re such an annoying piece of shit, unless I agree with you chuckle fucks about 100% of the shit you say I apparently hate my country. You are such a worthless human being.

Only the best people, folks.

The very best people.