Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 896

Thread: Manafort

  1. #861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Well, I mean if you discount this line:


    The forfeiture in this plea is both criminal and civil, meaning DOJ will be able to get Manafortís $46 million even with a pardon.
    And you say I'm engaging in "mental gymnastics." This is what you said made this a "pardon proof plea deal":

    Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    The implication of a 'pardonless plea deal' in this case is that the Justice Department/Special Prosecutor has already gained the cooperation they desired making a pardon useless for anyone but Manafort.
    The fact that they have already gained the cooperation of Manafort. When I point out that Manafort would be under no obligation to cooperate if he's pardoned you switch to "But they got his money either way!" So?

    Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    and the fact that the minute that happens Manafort will get pummeled with state charges.
    That's not how this works. If the state wants to press charges against Manafort they can do so at anytime, plea deal or no plea deal, pardon or no pardon. The fact that you think this plea deal somehow saves Manafort from state prosecution, or that a presidential pardon would doom him to face state prosecution, shows just how very little you understand about anything that is going on. But you sure are good at telling others they are dumb for "not getting it" so perhaps you should just stick to your strengths and go back to calling me dumb.

  2. #862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Okay time to deliver the knockout blow to the 6 year old with a limp and his 8 year old special needs friend.

    Here is how a plea deal works:

    The government agrees not to prosecute certain crimes in exchange for something, usually a guilty plea but also cooperation in other crimes such as being a witness.
    The accused can back out of the agreement at anytime and the only thing the government can do about it is to go ahead and charge them with the crimes they agreed not to charge them with.

    So let's break this down for the slow ones of the audience:

    Government won't prosecute Manafort for certain crimes as long as he keeps his end of the bargain.
    Trump pardons Manafort.
    Government threatens to....do absolutely nothing because the only leverage they had was they would prosecute Manafort if he didn't keep his end of the bargain and they now can't prosecute for those crimes.

    At this point Manafort is under NO obligation to cooperate with Mueller. Sure he can out of his own free will, but not because of any threats against him via prosecution. Thus this is not a "pardon proof plea deal."

    You two just got done served, and you both were wanting to sound so smart when you thought you were right but can now only manage to suck each other's dicks about how stupid you think I am.

    Whatever helps you two fucktards sleep better at night.
    Um. So you know Manafort wouldn't have been given this plea deal without incredibly valuable information. And you know that this is almost assuredly about Trump.

    And they means Manafort is likely sitting on information of serious criminal wrongdoing- likely involving selling out our election to our greatest geopolitical enemy.

    And you're hoping that information *doesnt* come to light?

    Seriously?
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-14-2018 at 05:43 PM.

  3. #863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Um. So you know Manafort wouldn't have been given this plea deal without incredibly valuable information. And you know that this is almost assuredly about Trump.

    And they means Manafort is likely sitting on information of serious criminal wrongdoing- likely involving selling out our election to our greatest geopolitical enemy.

    And you're hoping that information *doesnt* come to light?

    Seriously?
    Got to own the libs amirite! Fuck Uncle Sam if it means shedding libtard tears.

  4. Default

    Burn down the country to own the libs!

  5. Default

    When Trump saw that Manafort was cooperating I'm sure a pardon was the last thing on his mind. We all know how Trump reacts to those who "betray" him.

  6. #866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    When Trump saw that Manafort was cooperating I'm sure a pardon was the last thing on his mind. We all know how Trump reacts to those who "betray" him.
    Eh his primary motivation is self-interest. His forgiveness will stretch in whatever direction it needs to in other to keep him afloat.

    I AM concerned about what he'll do next though. If he feels like the GOP is going to lose the House no matter what, he may decide to just fire Mueller now.

  7. #867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Um. So you know Manafort wouldn't have been given this plea deal without incredibly valuable information. And you know that this is almost assuredly about Trump.

    And they means Manafort is likely sitting on information of serious criminal wrongdoing- likely involving selling out our election to our greatest geopolitical enemy.

    And you're hoping that information *doesnt* come to light?

    Seriously?
    Where did I make a comment either way as to whether or not I want any information to come out? Talk about a pathetic deflection attempt. I also like how you’re just assuming the information Manafort gave is going to implicate Trump or prove selling out our election to Russia. You must get your “news” from the same sort of sites peam does.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-14-2018 at 06:23 PM.

  8. #868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Where did I make a comment either way as to whether or not I want any information to come out? Talk about a pathetic deflection attempt. I also like how you’re just assuming the information Manafort gave is going to implicate Trump or prove selling out our election to Russia. You must get your “news” from the same sort of sites peam does.
    It's weird that you seem to be able to write things but, apparently, neither read nor understand them.

  9. #869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It's weird that you seem to be able to write things but, apparently, neither read nor understand them.
    Just show me where I said I didn’t want the information to come out. Prove you can read better than me.

  10. #870
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Um. So you know Manafort wouldn't have been given this plea deal without incredibly valuable information. And you know that this is almost assuredly about Trump.

    And they means Manafort is likely sitting on information of serious criminal wrongdoing- likely involving selling out our election to our greatest geopolitical enemy.

    And you're hoping that information *doesnt* come to light?

    Seriously?
    You're retarded.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •