Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

To watch you make this up is astounding.

Ellis is looking more and more like an idiot.

Ellis said he didn't feel right to release their names, adding he's only taken such measure one or twice in his more than three decades on the bench.

"I had no idea this case excited this emotion," Ellis also said. "I had no idea how this case would be perceived by the public and the press."
    He's got marshalls protecting him but didn't consider not letting jurors rub elbows with the public and the press in the hallways of his courthouse. He also said, as noted in the above quote from CBSnews, that not releasing their information is irregular which should put this conspiracy theory to bed, but it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    I'm honestly curious now if that's something they do on a regular basis or not.
    It's not done on a regular basis at all, although to be fair it does happen more often with high profile cases, although again to be fair this is really only a "high profile" case because the media themselves have made it into a "high profile" case.

The really unusual part is suing for the information before the trial has even ended. The fact that they waited until after the jury asked about reasonable doubt makes it all the more suspicious.

Oh yeah, and to add to my previous comment about CNN claiming they just wanted to "interview" the jurors about the trial...uhhhh pretty sure the jurors aren't allowed to discuss the case with anyone before the trial is over, especially the media. I sure as hell know when I was on a jury for a simple assault case the judge instructed me not to discuss the trial with anyone (even other jurors) until we were in the jury deliberation room. I can only imagine it's even more strict for a "high profile" case like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Why do hate American so much but pledge allegiance to CNN?

He's got marshalls protecting him but didn't consider not letting jurors rub elbows with the public and the press in the hallways of his courthouse.
    What are you even saying here? Not being a smart ass, I truly don't understand what you are trying to say with this sentence.

He also said, as noted in the above quote from CBSnews, that not releasing their information is irregular which should put this conspiracy theory to bed, but it won't.
    No it didn't "put this conspiracy theory to bed." How the fuck did you arrive to that conclusion? Not releasing the names being "irregular" (for him) doesn't negate the fact that CNN's timing was highly suspicious. Why can't you just put your love for America above that of your love for CNN and admit it was suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's not done on a regular basis at all, although to be fair it does happen more often with high profile cases, although again to be fair this is really only a "high profile" case because the media themselves have made it into a "high profile" case.

The really unusual part is suing for the information before the trial has even ended. The fact that they waited until after the jury asked about reasonable doubt makes it all the more suspicious.

Oh yeah, and to add to my previous comment about CNN claiming they just wanted to "interview" the jurors about the trial...uhhhh pretty sure the jurors aren't allowed to discuss the case with anyone before the trial is over, especially the media. I sure as hell know when I was on a jury for a simple assault case the judge instructed me not to discuss the trial with anyone (even other jurors) until we were in the jury deliberation room. I can only imagine it's even more strict for a "high profile" case like this.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is the moment time4fun realizes CNN really is the enemy of the people and she can't muster a defense of them.

It's okay, time4fun, we all knew you would see the light eventually

9. Default

No wonder warriorbird said what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    No wonder warriorbird said what he did.
    Warriorbird hates America as much as you do?