Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Ithzir flaring armor tier unlocks did you select?

Default What Ithzir flaring armor tier unlocks did you select?

I'm aware there are one known Ithziri armor user that has unlocked all 9 tiers and a few others that at least a majority of their unlock completed. I'm curious about which trees you chose to unlock, how far down each tree, and the rationale for your choice.

Somewhat relatedly: I recall talking to Aurach once and he noted a GM reported the possibility of offering a free tier unlock reset at some point in the future. I tried to find this information on the officials, but you know how that goes. Can anyone else confirm they recall reading this as well?
    Last edited by Drazaan; 07-31-2018 at 10:18 PM.

I'll kick this off to get us started here. I just realized that ANALYZing Ithziri armor provides more information regarding unlocked tiers than it had previously. Nice quality of life change.

>ANAL CHAIN

This chain is at unlock level 8.

Flare Chance Tree: Tier 0
    Status Condition Tree: Tier 4
    Healing Tree: Tier 0
    Charges/Escape Tree: Tier 4

I play a ranger and we sorely lack any sort of escape from stuns and other immobilizing effects, so the Status Condition Tree made the most sense to me though it wouldn't have nearly the same draw for other professions. I was fairly far along the Charge/Escape Tree when acquired the armor, so I finished off that tree, but knowing now what it does, I would reduce it at least one tier if not two. I intend to put my final tierage in the Flare Chance Tree.

This armor is at unlock level 7.

Flare Chance Tree: Tier 0
    Status Condition Tree: Tier 3
    Healing Tree: Tier 4
    Charges / Escape Tree: Tier 0

I'm only aware of Nordred fully unlocking. I'll finish status condition tree and 1 of charge tree to power shrug/beseech. I hate the fogging so zero chance I'd ever have done flare chances.

Can we meet in game? I'd like to see 3rd person of your T4 escape as well as arrival messaging, if there is any, from where you exit out of your sanct. Also, the sanct room did it change if you got a major sanct customization item or can it be altered at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    I'm only aware of Nordred fully unlocking. I'll finish status condition tree and 1 of charge tree to power shrug/beseech. I hate the fogging so zero chance I'd ever have done flare chances.

Can we meet in game? I'd like to see 3rd person of your T4 escape as well as arrival messaging, if there is any, from where you exit out of your sanct. Also, the sanct room did it change if you got a major sanct customization item or can it be altered at all?
    Thanks for clarifying Roblar, it was an assumption on my part that a couple others have maxed out. I based that on the number of Ithziri certs that have gone out via DR and because I'm always horrifically behind the curve in terms of the latest/greatest gear, but looks like that might not be the case this time around as I was relatively lucky with Ithzir unlocks in the pre-DR era. I'll correct my first post.

I was personally okay with the fogging until I finished the Status Condition Tree, now it has a very limited benefit/high level of frustration for me. I REALLY hated when it would activate against bandits before I had the Status Condition Tree completed as the bandits would despawn before I became unstunned in the safe room to return to the bandits.

I'm happy to meet in game to talk about it more. I'm curious about the 3rd person arrival messaging as well though I believe it's just basic "Player just arrived." messaging.

Flare Activation (1st Person):
    s>slap chain
    Your chain shivers slightly at your touch and a sudden burst of fog erupts in a momentary swirl around you. When the fog clears, you are elsewhere.

[Lost in the Fog]
    Endless tendrils of mist surround you in a constantly moving swirl of light and shadow.
    Obvious paths: down, out

Failed Flare Activation (due to magical interference such as the Bowels or OTF; 1st Person):
    >slap chain
    You flail at your chain in a desperate attempt to escape your situation, but something here seems to be interfering with the magic!

Flare Activation (3rd Person):
    A sudden burst of fog erupts in a momentary swirl around Aurach. When the fog clears, Aurach has vanished, leaving only a few wisps of vapor.

Both my sorcs full leather and rogues full plate are status condition tree tier 4 to be able to beseech out of sleep or anything else.

Next will likely be escape and finally flare chance but not sure which tiers.

Did you test that is works against sleep?

I haven't seen it work yet other than a sleep caused by too much drinking.

Thanks, Drazaan.

Thanks, Drazaan.
    yes, confirmed vs wizard sleep

Thanks, Drazaan.
    GM Varulv, the armor script's creator, noted Status Condition T3 and up should be effective against sleep. That said, I haven't tested sleep. Rolfard has attested further to its Red Bull-like properties.

EDIT: Rolfard beat me to it.
    Last edited by Drazaan; 07-31-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Both my sorcs full leather and rogues full plate are status condition tree tier 4 to be able to beseech out of sleep or anything else.

Next will likely be escape and finally flare chance but not sure which tiers.
    All I play these days is my ranger. I figured between a rogue's CMAN to stand up and VANISH, that there might be less desire for a rogue to select those tiers. Does Ithzir armor flares deal with additional conditions that neither of those CMANs can remedy?

I don't know, either something is wrong with mine or I happen to always run out of charges.

I do stand up (but still asleep). Maybe this is a bug and corrects at T4.

You focus your thoughts on your armor in a desperate attempt to recover...
    You find yourself once again on your feet.
    U>besee arm
    That is impossible to do while unconscious!