Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons for the Endgame - What is best in life?

Default Weapons for the Endgame - What is best in life?

So, apart from the cheesy Conan quote, I was wondering what the stats of the weapons being used by the high level folks were.

I am working on an endgame project weapon, and was wondering what specific things I should shoot for.

High enchantment?
    Ensorcelling?
    Critical Weighting?
    Flares/Scripted Flares?
    Banes?

I would think high enchant, T5, Heavy Crit Weighted or more. But after heavy weighted, would it be better to add banes or flares before heavier weighting?

Or indulge me, post the stats of your prized weapon here (for both reference and bragging rights)

Thanks in Advance,

Vendon

perfect mitril (bc otherwise, fusion?, mithril carries bonus for enchant/ensorcelling)
    8x + (for demon killing, also must be blessable so forget flares unless you are a paladin)
    T5 ensorcelled (bc I sell it)

After that, it depends on your hunting style and weapon-size. If you are aiming, ambushing, one shotting, multistriking, etc.

Sounds like I am on the right track. My project weapon is:

8x perfect mithril Two Hander
    T2 ensorcelled - working on getting to T5

I am a Paladin, so don't have to worry about blessable.

I will have guiding light on it once 2nd level bonded.

However, the flares stop happening after heavy crit weighting, so at some point, I will probably want to weight it higher and add flares.

So should I start adding crit weighting to it (after T5), then add (greater) flares?

Just wondering what sequence to do improvements. I added enchantment first, and now I am adding ensorcelling (because of the difficulty enchanting ensorcelled weapons)

Vendon

Blog Entries

0x drake falchion
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Perfect weapon to start is key to start as that is one of the few things that can't be added later. Greater flares aren't that worthwhile in my mind as they take up both the flare and script slots, which prevents adding a second thing in the second slot.

I wanted a single weapon that I could warrior bond to and hunt everything so I have a 7x DCW T5 perfect maul (sledgehammer) that is permablessed with holy water flares and knockout flares. The permablessing is key for me since I typically berserk everything solo so blessings never running out when hunting undead in reim or elsewhere. Eventually I will get this thing enchanted up further and add some banes.
    Last edited by lexbubba; 07-30-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    Perfect weapon to start is key to start as that is one of the few things that can't be added later. Greater flares aren't that worthwhile in my mind as they take up both the flare and script slots, which prevents adding a second thing in the second slot.

I wanted a single weapon that I could warrior bond to and hunt everything so I have a 7x DCW T5 perfect maul (sledgehammer) that is permablessed with holy water flares and knockout flares. The permablessing is key for me since I typically berserk everything solo so blessings never running out when hunting undead in reim or elsewhere. Eventually I will get this thing enchanted up further and add some banes.
    Can you add multiple banes? Once I get my 8x up to T5, I need to figure out what to add next. Crit weighting will probably be a long road because of the pricing over 20 services per window. I am not sure what is the best script flare (knockouts can only be added to blunt weapons?) Rotflares seem kinda pricey (plus a little out of character for a paladin - however the weapon does have ensorcelling so there is that)

Check out this page on the wiki detailing what can be added and when. Really helpful. https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    Check out this page on the wiki detailing what can be added and when. Really helpful. https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties
    Yeah, I forgot about that page. I am not sure what script flare to add (because the weapon is a greatsword - so I dont think I can add unbalance) I guess it depends if they add banes to the next DR. Extraplanar bane would be awesome.

Blog Entries

Rough cost to get 25pts crit each service WPS window for a plain 4x item:
    8,146,875silver
    Or
    10,862 Bloodscrip
    Roughly.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong