Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bastard axe appraisal-Handaxe/Greataxe base

Default Bastard axe appraisal-Handaxe/Greataxe base

Not looking to sell but just curious what my project bastard axe might be valued at. My research on the item shows that its possibly one of only several in the entire lands and that this one may be the only one that has an enchant over 5x searching through several years of PC posts. Here are its stats..

Right now the description is a deep golden glaes bastard axe. As soon as im picked for the next GALD merchant it will become..

A dragon-shaped glaes bastard axe.
    Show:Forged entirely from one solid piece of jet black glaes, this ebon hued bastard axe bears the shape of an attacking dragon. The long tail of the beast provides the haft of the axe allowing enough gripping area to wield with one or two hands. The body of the dragon with partially splayed wings creates the head and blades of the axe which are sharpened to a razor's edge. Extending from the top of the axe is the dragon's neck and head. Its maw agape and eyes narrowed in determination.

Its 7x, regular fire flares (eventually will upgrade to greater), weighs 4 lbs (can be further lightened), Gripable from 1 handed to 2 handed (one hand=handaxe base, 2 hands=Greataxe Base), T5 ensorcell, Gives +5 to strength bonus and +5 Combat maneuvers bonus to GoS masters. It also can be wielded as a offhand weapon in handaxe mode when used in TWC unlike a bastard sword which can only be used in the main hand...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by DivePirate; 07-24-2018 at 06:28 AM.

is the script slot open

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    is the script slot open
    I dont think so because the grip swapping is a script added to the weapon by a GM. I was told that if i removed the grip swap script i would have the choice of making the axe either a handaxe base or greataxe base when stripped by a GM. Thats why im able to use it as a offhand weapon with TWC. Its not the natural property of the weapon like a bastard sword.
    Last edited by DivePirate; 07-24-2018 at 06:36 AM.

You carefully inspect your glaes bastard axe.

After a careful inspection you determine that a deep golden glaes bastard axe requires skill in edged or twohanded weapons depending on how the axe is held to use effectively. It appears to be a modified handaxe.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of glaes.

ohh there is this too...

s>examine axe
    The glossy surface of the golden glaes is polished to a brilliant luster. Faint veins of orange, pale yellow, and pink glaes run through the curved edge of the sharpened axe head. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph. A strange necrotic haze radiates from the axe.
    There appears to be something written on it.
    s>read axe
    You try to read a deep golden glaes bastard axe, but the language is not one you know. It looks like it's written in Dwarven.

No idea what it says since i dont have a dwarf character

**Update:Kupaka whispers, "In the Dwarven language, it reads:The Rising Dawn"

>l at axe
    The axe is surrounded by a scintillating red light.
    Last edited by DivePirate; 07-24-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Ha I was about to give you the name

So I looked it up, looked familiar.

It was a Droughtman win, sold previously for a 10M BO but that was awhile ago. You edited the name but interestingly, it may be DCW in the hands of a GoS master. Something the first (or next) seller may have missed in that BO.

Pretty sure it was originally 5x with fire flares and the GoS enhancive. Could have weighting added now though. I’ve been tempted to buy it for years but don’t really need it. Nice weapon.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

I really wish I could find the GoS hammer.

There aren't many bastard axes, and even fewer that aren't owned by Ardwen. These are niche weapons- warriors are really the only ones who can make proper use of them, but the buyers do tend to be ravenous.

I sold this for 40m after enchanting it to 7x. Had no ensorcles on it then.