Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help designing a kettle hat:

Default Help designing a kettle hat:

Hey all. I am having a major brain fart and know … that I don't know how to make this alter better.

A big spiked coppery kettle hat:

The coppery glaze of this oversized kettle hat has a shiny mirror finish. Little nicks and dents here and there reflect light off of small riveted spikes that circle the hat's wide brim. Adorning the peak of the helmet is a tall spike -- flanked on each side by a pair of very sinuously carved ivory horns. The tip of each horn is capped by a razor-sharp talon. The hat is lined with some old cushiony leather that affords its wearer added protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't know about helping make it better but as a warning.. I get told No often. lol.

You might have issues with calling it a helmet, even in the show, unless you mention something about it not adding protection (which you do).
    I would also try getting rid of HAT on the description somehow (though that might be hard as well).

I tried just rewording what you had. Good luck. Hope it helps

A large dented copper kettle

The copper glaze of this oversize kettle has a shiny mirrored finish though marred by little nicks and dents scattered about its surface. Any ambient light reflects off of small riveted spikes that circle this peculiar hats impromptu brim. On its top, a tall spike adorning the center of the kettles base is flanked on each side by a sinuously carved ivory horn tipped with a razor-sharp talon. The interior is lined with some old padded leather that cushions its wearers skull from the dangers of wearing the kettle on their head.

Blog Entries

aemikvai, atika, atiki, bandana, barrette, bascinet, basinet, basrenne, beret, bonnet, bow, burgonet, cabasset, cap, capotain, carcanet, caul, chaperon, chaplet, circlet, coif, cowl, crespine, crown, diadem, earmuffs, elothrai, face-veil, fascinator, ferrigem, ferroniere, geldaralad, goggles, greathelm, hairbands, haircombs, hairjewels, hairpins, hairsticks, hat, headband, headdress, headpiece, headscarf, headwrap, helm, hennin, hood, kerchief, mantilla, mask, plume, shawl, snood, tiara, tricorn, tricorne, veil, warhelm, wimple

Kettle hat isn't listed on here, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't allow it. This isn't an official list at all, just a list of nouns they have allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by bayli View Post
    I don't know about helping make it better but as a warning.. I get told No often. lol.

You might have issues with calling it a helmet, even in the show, unless you mention something about it not adding protection (which you do).
    I would also try getting rid of HAT on the description somehow (though that might be hard as well).

I tried just rewording what you had. Good luck. Hope it helps

A large dented copper kettle

The copper glaze of this oversize kettle has a shiny mirrored finish though marred by little nicks and dents scattered about its surface. Any ambient light reflects off of small riveted spikes that circle this peculiar hats impromptu brim. On its top, a tall spike adorning the center of the kettles base is flanked on each side by a sinuously carved ivory horn tipped with a razor-sharp talon. The interior is lined with some old padded leather that cushions its wearers skull from the dangers of wearing the kettle on their head.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettle_hat

Thanks though
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Ahh and here I am thinking you mean to be wearing a cooking pot on your head.. lol! I'm so sorry

Blog Entries

They turn down real armor and stuff all the time too. I could never get anyone to allow me to alter my armor into being a Lorica Segmentata, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They turn down real armor and stuff all the time too. I could never get anyone to allow me to alter my armor into being a Lorica Segmentata, for instance.
    Heh, that reminds me of when I asked for my scripted worry stones to be turned into baoding balls. And Elvaria was like, "HELL NO." … I'll let you figure that one out.

Blog Entries

There are ways to do lorica segmentata or baoding balls, but you can't call them by their common names. You'd have to call them 'a segmented cuirass' or 'wibbly wobbly chimey wimey spheres'.
    Last edited by Taernath; 07-22-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    There are ways to do lorica segmentata or baoding balls, but you can't call them by their common names. You'd have to call them 'a segmented cuirass' or 'wibbly wobbly chimey wimey spheres'.
    I know this. I've done it. I don't like it though. Just let me call it by its damn name so people know exactly wtf it is. It isn't like I'm inventing some fake bullshit.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-22-2018 at 09:46 PM.