Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena - Beta Codes

Default MTG Arena - Beta Codes

I've been in the MTG Arena beta for a while and they just sent me an email with a few beta codes.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

I’d be down for one

It's a pretty decent rendition. Kinda P2P shit tho.

I haven't tried it out yet. I don't know if I will have much interest. I tried briefly playing mtg online, but I like the old card game in person.

What are your current thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    I haven't tried it out yet. I don't know if I will have much interest. I tried briefly playing mtg online, but I like the old card game in person.

What are your current thoughts?
    I haven't played a ton of Arena but my work revolves around card game industry so I see a lot of news and feedback about it.

Personally, I think Arena is a great step forward from the creaking behemoth that is MTGO. I'm not sure that it's going to be MTG's final landing spot in a digital medium, but it's player friendly, looks decent, and is a huge step forward in modernizing the game in the age of streaming and other digital CCGs/TCGs.

I do have some concerns about lasting support, the card library ever being fully implemented, and the play on Arena reaching the skill level on MTGO.

That said, I have a few codes left. It's free/cheap to play for now.

I have taken some what of a break from MTG for the moment anyways. As a die hard legacy player, I have been saddened since top has been band even though I didn't even play it that often. Now with the new banned cards, I am somewhat just turned off. I am half way tempted to sell my legacy stuff and just play standard as I have been playing that for about 18 months and enjoying it more.

I may hit you up if I get bored / tired of gemstones and need a break from this game.....I am reliving my childhood all over again.

Got back in to GS4 about 2 months ago and magic back in M13.

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    I have taken some what of a break from MTG for the moment anyways. As a die hard legacy player, I have been saddened since top has been band even though I didn't even play it that often. Now with the new banned cards, I am somewhat just turned off. I am half way tempted to sell my legacy stuff and just play standard as I have been playing that for about 18 months and enjoying it more.

I may hit you up if I get bored / tired of gemstones and need a break from this game.....I am reliving my childhood all over again.

Got back in to GS4 about 2 months ago and magic back in M13.
    Nice, I played in high school during Mirage/Tempest/Urza's block. I took a long break and then started playing again in 2013 with Theros and have mostly stuck around ever since.

I'm of the opinion that Legacy is a dying format. The barrier to entry too high and WoTC isn't doing anything to address it. With a competitive deck averaging something like $2300, it's just not going to draw enough players. Stores will quit supporting it and organizers will stop setting up Legacy format events.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Nice, I played in high school during Mirage/Tempest/Urza's block. I took a long break and then started playing again in 2013 with Theros and have mostly stuck around ever since.

I'm of the opinion that Legacy is a dying format. The barrier to entry too high and WoTC isn't doing anything to address it. With a competitive deck averaging something like $2300, it's just not going to draw enough players. Stores will quit supporting it and organizers will stop setting up Legacy format events.
    Yea I played from ice age till Tolarian Academy ruined standard aka type 2.

A couple of dbags bought out the legacy stuff so there is no new players joining unfortunately. There was a couple of pro players playing death shadow in legacy this weekend. It may trend a little bit which is a little entry point.

My LGS is trying a proxie unsanctioned tourney this weekend. It is pretty ridiculous what has happened to the old school format and it probably will turn players off all together.

With the current cost, I have never been more closer to selling out than right now. I don't have time to play it competitively and where I live there hasn't been a Legacy GP or SCG event in a long time. Mainly modern is the heavy format and I just am not really into it as much as others. I enjoy the iconic cards more than crappy reprints that for some reason make a deck good.

Tucked away in the back of my closet, I have binders holding 5 of every card of every set from 4th to 7th edition plus one with a buncha cards from beta, up to 4th and Italian cards from various editions..... I had a bad sickness for a while. Haven't looked at them in years.

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    Tucked away in the back of my closet, I have binders holding 5 of every card of every set from 4th to 7th edition plus one with a buncha cards from beta, up to 4th and Italian cards from various editions..... I had a bad sickness for a while. Haven't looked at them in years.
    A few years ago I looked at all of mine. Had revised version, and other early iterations as I started when magic first came out.

Turns out the dual lands were worth a shit ton per card. I strongly suggest people check their cards if they no longer play lol