Thread: Forging Hammer

Default Forging Hammer

I'm running my paladin through Crafting/Forging at the moment.

After I master crafting, should I aim to make a perfect forging hammer before starting forging?

Blog Entries

As far as I know, and as far as I can find in documentation, forging hammer quality doesn't make a difference in gaining ranks. Before you try to make a perfect weapon, you'll want one, but as far as gaining ranks I can't find any way that it makes a difference.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Gelston is right, there is no difference to learning how to forge and the quality of the hammer, I mastered 3 weapon types before I ever started on my forging hammer. Just know that it is an unbelievable grind, something like 170 hours to master each weapon type, and that is after crafting, so to master all, is over 1000 hours in the forge, and you still have not created anything perfect, like your hammer, which you will have to have at least a perfect mithril to make perfect magic metal weapons. In terms of effort vs reward, not sure I would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Gelston is right, there is no difference to learning how to forge and the quality of the hammer, I mastered 3 weapon types before I ever started on my forging hammer. Just know that it is an unbelievable grind, something like 170 hours to master each weapon type, and that is after crafting, so to master all, is over 1000 hours in the forge, and you still have not created anything perfect, like your hammer, which you will have to have at least a perfect mithril to make perfect magic metal weapons. In terms of effort vs reward, not sure I would do it again.
    Thanks for the input.

It's definitely a grind. I wouldn't do it but I have an extra account currently open and I'd like to churn out a perfect weapon or two before it closes. It's part of my grand scheme to own an enchanter, an ensorceller, and a smith capable of turning out perfects all at the same time.

If you're just doing it to make a weapon or two, I wouldn't waste my time unless you're making a perfect to improve at events and such for your own use. Even then, you'd be saving a lot of time just buying a perfect from someone that already mastered forging (time you could likely earn enough silvers to more then pay for it by hunting). If you're going to keep producing weapons long term to sell, it's worth putting in the time to master though.