Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MGM Resorts International sues more than 1,000 victims from Las Vegas mass shooting

Blog Entries

Default MGM Resorts International sues more than 1,000 victims from Las Vegas mass shooting

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mgm...z&ocid=DELLDHP

MGM Resorts International claimed in a new lawsuit that it has no liability in any of the injuries or deaths in the October mass shooting in Las Vegas.
    The company, which owns Mandalay Bay and the Route 91 Harvest festival venue, argued that its security vendor took all necessary precautions, approved by the Department of Homeland Security, for “protecting against and responding to acts of mass injury and destruction,” according to the suit acquired by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

MGM sued more than 1,000 victims of the shooting.

“I’ve never seen a more outrageous thing, where they sue the victims in an effort to find a judge they like,” attorney Robert Eglet, who represented some of the victims, told the Review-Journal, accusing MGM of “judge-shopping” in federal court, rather than state court where he believes any lawsuits should be filed. “It’s just really sad that they would stoop to this level.”

Stephen Paddock, 64, opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel into the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest music festival last year, killing 58 people and leaving more than 850 injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

All their social media accounts are being flooded with disgust, rightfully so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    All their social media accounts are being flooded with disgust, rightfully so.
    I understand that their lawyers have to do what they feel is best, but at what point do the optics of suing shooting victims outweigh protecting your wealth?

There's obviously ambulance chasers that convince people they deserve money, I have no problem with those people having their cases thrown out or having the company counter sue. I want to think that's what this is but you've also gotta consider that if any true victims in that bundle of 1k, that's rough.

Shitty response either way, man.

Blog Entries

There's obviously ambulance chasers that convince people they deserve money, I have no problem with those people having their cases thrown out or having the company counter sue. I want to think that's what this is but you've also gotta consider that if any true victims in that bundle of 1k, that's rough.

Shitty response either way, man.
    This is true. Looking back at the wording in the article, it states that the company is suing "1000 victims" and then goes on to state that there were 58 killed and 850 injured, so there is definitely some gray area in there.

I guess I need to look over the case and the specific reasons? I doubt they'd put "Bitch be a liar" on a filing, though.

What are they even suing them over?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Betting damages, trauma, the usual.

Betting damages, trauma, the usual.
    Yeah but...how is that any of the victims fault?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    This is true. Looking back at the wording in the article, it states that the company is suing "1000 victims" and then goes on to state that there were 58 killed and 850 injured, so there is definitely some gray area in there.
    There must be more than 1000 people who can make a claim. The families of everyone killed and injured would have some standing to sue along with anyone at the concert who experienced trauma. I understand that MGM is trying to get ahead of this. Their survival may be at stake. It is definitely a bad look but I doubt they have a choice.