Thread: GO2 randomly forgets that it can go from FWI to Landing

Default GO2 randomly forgets that it can go from FWI to Landing

So GO2 often randomly decides that it can't go from GC to Landing, for whatever reason:

--- Lich: go2 active.
    [go2: error: failed to find a path between your current room (3668) and destination room (228)]
    --- Lich: go2 has exited.
    What I have to do to fix this is turn the arrowhead (trinket) manually, then do a go2 from landing back to GC, and then it'll starting working again, in both directions.... for a while, until it once again forgets that it can do that.

BTW, forcing the --fwi-trinket=arrowhead every time I try to use go2 doesn't help either. Once it gives that "failed to find a path" message there's no way to fix it other than manually turning the trinket and then using go2 to travel in the opposite direction first (to fwi). That seems to reset whatever is wrong with, and it functions fine for a while after that.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by dex; 07-17-2018 at 04:12 AM.

If you move from the poor-person part of elanthia to FWI manually, go2 doesn't know what city your trinket maps back to so it can't correctly create a path back to anywhere on the mainland.

When you use go2 to go to fwi, it sets a variable that using your trinket again connects to room XXXX, so it can. That variable is then unset on the return trip.

It's a shortcoming of the logic around the rooms that map from poorland <-> FWI. if you just never use the trinket manually, it shouldn't happen.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

That is a great explanation that for some reason did not occur to me. I'll just need to change my FWI shortcut to avoid manual teleporting.
    Last edited by dex; 07-17-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    That is a great explanation that for some reason did not occur to me. I'll just need to change my FWI shortcut to avoid manual teleporting.
    np, i just set GC as a custom target (";go2 save gc = current" while in the commons) and ;go2 gc whenever i need to pop over manually.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

that's what I did too, and now everything is fine