Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS Wizard

Default CS Wizard

Any viable builds for a CS casting wizard now with all the rework? Any info would be great. Just want to do something different. Thanks!
    "Freedom for those who fought for it, is a taste the protected will never know" -Unknown

I am very interested too in this....hope this gets a little trend.

Immolate builds can still work, they're just nowhere near as good as they used to be. The silver lining is you don't need to dump tons of TPs into fire lore anymore, as the base spell's effectiveness was increased but the lore benefits were massively nerfed.

That's pretty much the only wizard CS spell worth mentioning unless you count 415.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-17-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Immolate builds can still work, they're just nowhere near as good as they used to be. The silver lining is you don't need to dump tons of TPs into fire lore anymore, as the base spell's effectiveness was increased but the lore benefits were massively nerfed.

That's pretty much the only wizard CS spell worth mentioning unless you count 415.
    RIP single target double-hit 415. We barely knew ye.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Someone was raging about rapid fire 502 being viable also. It will work well on trolls if you're fire attuned at least.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-18-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Someone was raging about rapid fire 502 being viable also. It will work well on trolls if you're fire attuned at least.
    It works, it’s just really boring and tedious, but super mana efficient.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-18-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It works, it’s just really boring and tedious, but super mana efficient.
    it was my goto post 502 change pre rapidfire nerf.

it was like 90% of the kill speed and sustainability of old-rapid 901 (so like, infinite sustain and kill things in under a second still), but without the random off chance of something catching you in offensive so even safer. i was also hunting things that put up WoF at the time so i was like...cool story bro when they did.

I dunno if i'd rely on it now post rapid fire change.

OP: what is the motivation of wanting a CS wizard, in general, with this thread? do you want something safer than offensive or just don't want to do spell aim AS attacks or what?
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

It was incredible before 515 nerf. Now it’s just doable but boring, assuming you can consistently ward them enough for max damage, which is like a whopping 70.

Trying to be a purely CS Wizard is going to be an annoying uphill battle. Even after you get Immolate, your mana usually won’t be able to sustain it as your primary spell until later on, and even then bolts are going to perform better overall in most situations.

You’ll be better off using 917 as your opener than 519 in most situations especially at lower-mid levels.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Primary reason for this post is I just like to try out of the norm builds.

917 was my next question. I was going to ask the effectiveness of this and what is needed to make it 'viable.' My wizard is currently 80s. Just hang on to for enchanting for the most part. Thought I would try something new. Give me something!
    "Freedom for those who fought for it, is a taste the protected will never know" -Unknown

I use 917 as an opener on pretty much everything. It works amazing on squishy targets and gets kinda meh on heavy armor classes. Being 1x in the wizard circle is considered the norm but its still somewhat useful under 1x. It can also be cast as fire or cold.

I could see a very heavy wizard circle build have an even more amazing 917 but your MnE and MjE would suffer.