Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What outside spells do you consistently wear and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Is 30 MIU sufficient to use all rubbed magic items up to level 20?
    For warriors, I wouldn't say 30 ranks is enough for all possible spells level 20 and below. Mental stats as well as which spell circle the spell is in factor pretty heavily into it as well as your encumbrance, so there's prolly some spells above level 15 that will be challenging to activate with 30 ranks.

If you're going to make heavy use of magic items, you should prolly get as close to 1x as you can in MIU without sacrificing ranks in other skills anyway, since the number of ranks determine the duration and/or potency of spells cast from magic items. For the average character, though, 30 ranks should be enough to activate all of the spells most commonly found in magic items.
    Last edited by Nothing; 07-16-2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: gramar

< If you're going to make heavy use of magic items, you should prolly get as close to 1x as you can in MIU as you can without sacrificing ranks in other skills anyway, since the number of ranks determine the duration and/or potency of spells cast from magic items. >

This. So much this.

I'm honestly surprised no one else has mentioned it, but if I were a warrior in Prime, I'd also constantly look out for prisms. Arcane Barrier ( 1720 ) is an absolute game changer. At cap, if you are singled in MIU, you become immune to all spells level 7 and under ( base 3 + 1 per 25 ranks of MIU/AS ), in OTF that reduces the amount of CS spells cast at you immensely. You are now officially immune to bone shatter from seers, acid/minor fire from adepts, etc.

The duration sucks, yes. But if you can acquire, it's a great boon to a warrior < anyone >.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

None, because they aren't needed and when you get used to them you can't do shit without them. Alternatively, if you get used to not having them then you feel like a god when you do have them. I regularly wear spells for Warcamps and DR Arenas - that's about it.
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 07-17-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++