Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paladin weapons

Default Paladin weapons

Im looking for some input on what sort of weapon to use as a paladin. Right now I am using ohb, but it worth adding weighting to a morning star that my paladin has begun bonding with?

Any overall input on all forms of combat would be appreciated. I've even considered shielded brawling, but it's just hard to reaearch clear answers.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Discord: danteprimus

Blog Entries

From the wiki:

At the first bonding level, the weapon will gain Consecrate (1604) flares, but generally only if the weapon does not already possess flares or weighting above heavy
    I take that to mean up to heavy weighting on your weapon will not interfere with bonding.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Reading the word "generally" just makes me think to much m.

I was thinking about two handers around 75 when my stats and skills as a giantman catch up.

Are there any UAC or brawling paladins out there with input?

For me the defining characteristic of a paladin is their ability generate massive AS, as such, UAC does not seem the best route since it tends to not do nearly the amount of damage. My paladin is a pole user, has been since day 1, he swings a 7X naginata and does very well, but he is an elf not giantkin. Having said that, I would say, find the fastest pole or 2hander you can and never look back. I have 2 UAC alts and they do well, but one is an empath that sets up with boneshatter and the other is a mage that spams 1 second attacks. Paladins do not have anything that can setup in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    From the wiki:

I take that to mean up to heavy weighting on your weapon will not interfere with bonding.
    As you get more weighting, the guiding light flares become less frequent. Just something to note. They disappear completely after heavy.

I haven't tried the polearm route (which is very popular), but having done both TWC and OHB/shield- I would definitely say using a shield is a good idea.

It's really what Paladins were designed around.

That's good to know about UAC, thanks. I've enjoyed the ohb + tower shirld set up so for, but it seems to take a lot of swings.

I'm currently training to get into full plate asap, preferably between 50-60 so training feels tight.

With the ohb and shield set up, what methods become the best set up for a kill at higher levels - spells or cman/shield maneuvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Greng View Post
    With the ohb and shield set up, what methods become the best set up for a kill at higher levels - spells or cman/shield maneuvers?
    As an OHE(handaxe)/shield paladin, I tend to use 1615/1630 (once, sometimes twice, depending on how well the first one hits) and sometimes feint for set-up, then mstrike, followed by normal attacking.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

My Paladin uses a fully bonded, perfect forged flail with 1 point of crit weighting, t5 ensorcell, and runs 35 ranks of summoning lore for an extra15% DF bonus. it is fast and the puncture / crush damage combo of the weapon results in massive amounts of crit kills. and with only 1 point of weighting i still see high frequency and high damage flares.
    Last edited by loxe; 07-30-2018 at 03:56 PM.

I've been having good success using a spikestar/tower shield, although it feels slow going. As a giantman, what would be a good 2h weapon to fool around with?