Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paladin weapons

many will say maul is the way to go, but i have had good luck with both flails and flamberge's.....being human my speed isnt real great, but i have enough enhancives to boost my agi/dex to 68 which gives me 5sec rt reduction and i can do 2 creature mstrike in 6 seconds and a 3 creature mstrike in 9 with my flail

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    As you get more weighting, the guiding light flares become less frequent. Just something to note. They disappear completely after heavy.

I haven't tried the polearm route (which is very popular), but having done both TWC and OHB/shield- I would definitely say using a shield is a good idea.

It's really what Paladins were designed around.
    This is just factually wrong. They we're designed to be either hence the 1609/1617 trade-off.

Why? Because racecar.

I'm pretty nervous to run 1617 with a thw @ level 30. Even with 2x shield use and a 5x shield if I run 1617 I get hit a few times a hunt. I'm in chain haub so it's never resulted in my death, but I can't imagine the dodge DS/parry difference makes up for the lost shield and I'll get hit hard. Normally I'd be fine with it, but without being able to stance dance or hide or anything there's no defensive alternative but to attack hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    This is just factually wrong. They we're designed to be either hence the 1609/1617 trade-off.
    Warriors are superior with shields anyways. It is odd they would design a class around being second best in something.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Warriors are superior with shields anyways. It is odd they would design a class around being second best in something.
    Do you mean they are superior in a specific way? Because by the math of the pure chance to block attacks, a paladin with 1609 and 2x in shield use using a tower shield is equal or greater (depending on if they have 102+ ranks in Blessing lore) to a Warrior with 3x shield use, a tower shield and 3/3 block mastery. The warrior would have 60% chance to block while the paladin would have around 62% chance to block. Unless the math is wrong. The wiki is a bit vague on block % math.

A warrior would gain more raw DS from a tower shield vs a Paladin, but that's why a paladin has all those other DS spells in their arsenal.

If you mean that warriors will have more access to shield maneuvers due to the ability to 3x in shield used, yes - they can spend more points on maneuvers and have a few that are warrior only which are pretty handy.

Warriors have a higher block chance than Paladins.

Even more so with a 1609 item.

Don’t forget tortoise stance for warriors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Do you mean they are superior in a specific way? Because by the math of the pure chance to block attacks, a paladin with 1609 and 2x in shield use using a tower shield is equal or greater (depending on if they have 102+ ranks in Blessing lore) to a Warrior with 3x shield use, a tower shield and 3/3 block mastery. The warrior would have 60% chance to block while the paladin would have around 62% chance to block. Unless the math is wrong. The wiki is a bit vague on block % math.

A warrior would gain more raw DS from a tower shield vs a Paladin, but that's why a paladin has all those other DS spells in their arsenal.

If you mean that warriors will have more access to shield maneuvers due to the ability to 3x in shield used, yes - they can spend more points on maneuvers and have a few that are warrior only which are pretty handy.
    It has been mathed out a few times, warriors are the superior shield users.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It has been mathed out a few times, warriors are the superior shield users.
    TIL

how many people went that warrior 3x shield + parry mastery + block mastery + evade mastery + tortoise stance for hardcore mode?
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    how many people went that warrior 3x shield + parry mastery + block mastery + evade mastery + tortoise stance for hardcore mode?
    I did in Plat, it was fun.

but I did go a lil wild and make him a gnome