Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dose anyone do high end ensorcell?

1. Default

Beyond your abilities means 200+, or so I've been told.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nindon View Post
    I tested the armor. The owner gave me permission to post the result. Even in a workshop with max enhancives, it was completely beyond my abilities. According to the wiki, I would not get the opportunity to try for an open roll.

If I understand open rolls correctly, they are, by definition, unbounded and could result in ridiculously high numbers. An open roll of a million would be possible. Surely this armor could be ensorcelled with a roll of a million, in which case it would not really be beyond my abilities.

Does "beyond your abilities" mean impossible even with an open roll, or does "beyond your abilities" mean that you do not get a chance for an open roll? Do you get an open roll only if the difficulty is "nearly impossible"?
    The wiki article defines a needs a miracle open roll as [(d100: +100) + (d100: +N)] which would preclude any chance of success when the messaging indicates beyond your abilities since the caster would need a minimum of +201 from both rolls. The maximum total from both rolls is +200.

When an item needs a miracle, the sorcerer must roll a 100 on the attempt, after which another d100 roll is made to add to the first result. The chance of successfully ensorcelling a miracle item is between approximately .01-.99%.
    The needs a miracle messaging represents a (Caster Bonuses + Item Difficulty) range of 0 to -99
    The beyond your abilities messaging represents a (Caster Bonuses + Item Difficulty) range of -100 and greater absolute value

Note: bonuses are positive and item difficulty is negative. Minimum +101 endroll is required for success.

For example, if the sum of your character's bonuses is +600 then a beyond your abilities messaging would indicate that the item has a minimum difficulty of -700 [600 + (-700)] = -100. Since a +101 endroll is required for success this ensorcell is not possible even with two maximum d100 rolls.

Mark

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    The wiki article defines a needs a miracle open roll as [(d100: +100) + (d100: +N)] which would preclude any chance of success when the messaging indicates beyond your abilities since the caster would need a minimum of +201 from both rolls. The maximum total from both rolls is +200.

The needs a miracle messaging represents a (Caster Bonuses + Item Difficulty) range of 0 to -99
    The beyond your abilities messaging represents a (Caster Bonuses + Item Difficulty) range of -100 and greater absolute value

Note: bonuses are positive and item difficulty is negative. Minimum +101 endroll is required for success.

For example, if the sum of your character's bonuses is +600 then a beyond your abilities messaging would indicate that the item has a minimum difficulty of -700 [600 + (-700)] = -100. Since a +101 endroll is required for success this ensorcell is not possible even with two maximum d100 rolls.

Mark
    Coming at you with the math.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by MrMortimur View Post
    Heh if it is for your new armor...The previous owner was specced for beastmode ensorcelling and he only got the current tier with an open roll. Some serious dedication to try and roll a 100 every week.
    This was also before the huge difficulty jump for fusion late last year. It's stuck at T3, be glad it at least has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post

Mark

Are open rolls really capped at +200?

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Are open rolls really capped at +200?
    Generally, no. The ensorcell d100: +100 + second roll is not a standard open roll.

Open Roll

Mark